Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Slinnie,

Have a look at Resort Reviews then Bulgaria at the top of this page. I would suggest Golden Sands or Albena, but others might suggest elsewhere.

Peter
I think Golden sands :D
Me and the wife are in our 50`s and we love Sunny Beach
Hi
Both my wife and I are in our mid 50s and this September will be our second visit to Sunny Beach. There's enough nightlife for the late teens early twenties but also a lot going on for us oldies. Most restaurants have live entertainment in the way of a group our duo, so once you've had your meal you can sit back and relax with a couple of drinks or get up on the dance floor and enjoy yourself.
Whatever you choice you will find the Bulgarian people very helpful and friendly. Go and have a good time. :D
Davedee
Hi , we too are in our 50's. Having been to both SB and GS we much prefer SB. Going back in 5 weeks.

8) Toonman
If you go to golden sands and value a good nights sleep then steer well clear from party street!!! Other than that i think it has everything you could want- my boyfriend and I despite being in our 20s don't like clubs, but like live music in pubs, and found this best fulfilled by the area between the admiral and the yavor hotels, which ended up being our fave street in GS which was quieter than the rest.

Good luck choosing! My advice would be to read plenty of reviews on your hotel before you book- our hotel (the Tintyava) ended up being really noisy and in the end we had to sleep with earplugs in and the door closed which was not nice in really humid weather. Even if you don't mind basic amenities and only want a hotel as a "place to sleep", a reasonably quiet hotel is important!
other half and i are the same age bracket and like the quieter style holidays so we wnt to St Elina had a good and relaxing holiday, there are other resorts than SB an GS (although you may not think it)

wizard
we wnt to St Elina had a good and relaxing holiday

I think you mean the resort commonly called St Konstantin in brochures, whose Sunday best name is St Konstantin & St Elena. Formerly it was Druzhba meaning friendship. This is the original Bulgarian Black Sea resort and in a woodland setting.
It is situated between Golden Sands and Varna, but might not come up to Slinnie's requirements of "live music and good food and lively bars".

Peter
Thanks very much for all the feedback that you have given me. Does anyone know what sort of weather to expect first 2 weeks in September?
Hi Slinnie
We were in SB the middle two weeks of September last year, the first week was very sunny and hot (mid 20s) but the second week we had 4 consecutive days of rain but still very worm. We're going again this year but one week earlier (first two weeks)so hopefully the weather will be good both weeks, although the locals did say that the rains were a week or two early.
Davedee
I went to Golden Sands last July and it was one of the best holidays I have had. You have to get used to the young girls trying to pull you into their bars but if you can get past that then it is a great place to go. Very cheap and alot of bars and restaurants. We went AI but as it was so cheap we eat and drank out most nights
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.