Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
There is no doubt that staying in Spain will be cheaper. La Linea is on the border with Gibralter but it is by no means a typical tourist resort. It is more of a working town and can be a bit dirty but the local council is cleaning it up. If cost is consideration the the local hostels in La Linea are cheap and cheerful. I have not stayed in any in La Linea but in others across Spain and I have always had excellent value for money and cleanliness
Staying in Gibraltar for one night might be ok but thats about it!! Check out areas close to the border which offer some sort of holiday feel for you.

As explained in other post, La Linea offers nothing for you as a tourist so give it a miss. If you can drive, hire a car and then you can stop at the hostels in various locations, such as Sotogrande or Manilva on the coast which are not to far away.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.