Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi that is expensive as you can get flights with Egyptair for around £35 each return.

I booked with them when I visited both Cairo and Luxor from Sharm. I arranged for a guide and driver to meet us at the airport and the price was about £10 each. The guide took us wherever we wanted to go Pyramids, Sphinx, Museum etc. We also booked a hotel ourselves - try hotels4u or unpackaged and saved ourselves a small fortune. We paid our own entry to the sites and Emad our guide got our daughter is for students price.
Depending on what you want to see in Cairo it is possible to do it in one day if you leave Luxor early morning and then depart Cairo later in the evening.
The average taxi price to Luxo airport is about 50le each way.
Pyramids and Sphinx entry and the museum was 50le per adult.
Hi Voddy107,

Memphis they are very expensive.

Firstly, I would advise you can book your own hotel, many good hotel in Cairo.

I would suggest you can book your own domestic flight from Luxor to Cairo online with http://www.egyptair.com This will be much cheaper option for you as there have been some Great flight deals in recent month. When you searching for flights make sure you enter Egypt as the country in the box at the top of the webpage. For Cairo look for a flight arriving 8-9am and departing between 7-8pm.

The tour in Cairo would be as follows.................................
Transfer from hotel to the Luxor airport

Meet and greet in Cairo airport
Pyramids, Sphinx, Antiquities Museum, Lunch on the Nile, Old Cairo/Coptic Cairo and Khan El Khalili.

Dahshur, Memphis, Hanging Church, Sultan Hassan Mosque and Citadel.

Transfer back to Cairo airport.

You would have your own personal knowldegeable guide plus air-con transport and not part of of larger tour group.

Hope that itinerary fit you in 2 days.

If you want more info you can PM me and I will do my best to help any one to visit my Country.

Hopt this helps,

Have wonderful time in Egypt,

Moudi
thank you for your help.
I did think that was expensive but just wanted some experianced persons view of the quote.
I've booked flights & hotel myself & asked for another quote from memphis without flights & accomodation and was quoted £340 !!! :really
Still way above what other posters have suggested.
Going to wait til we get there now, having got the main things sorted from this end.
thanks again :)
Hi Voddy107,

Just for Cairo tour would be 650LE pp approximately. For euch day.

Hope that help,

Kind regards,

Moudi
We used Memphis Tours last May and found them very reasonable.

Also, it's not necessary to have a meet & assist in Luxor, the hotels are all within 20 mins drive from the airport by taxi and there are no real formalities to be had on arrival, other than purchasing a visa if you didn't already get it in UK.

Just join the queue for the stamps in your passport, pay your money and off you go.

With Memphis - we told them what we wanted to do and they worked around us. You don't have to do the exact itinerary they list on their site.

Mr Sherif was most helpful, we paid only a small deposit on booking and paid the remainder the morning after our arrival, when our tickets were delivered to our hotel by his representative in Aswan.

CwB
Hi, Voddy,

The prices you have been quoted do seem rather excessive. I know you have emailed Jolleys and not had a reply but I do strongly recommend that you wait until you arrive in Luxor and ask them directly for a price. I know they can arrange what you require "at the drop of a hat" and may I suggest that you take the overnight train, first class of course, instead of a flight. The train ride is an experience in itself and in my opinion, not to be missed!

As I have previously stated on this forum, we have used Jolleys for many trips in the past and found them to be utterly professional in every way. I do, however, recognise that there are several other very reputable companies in Luxor who you could approach.
We would like to go to Cairo for a day when we visit Sharm this month, can anyone suggest who we would need to cotact to book a guide. Do we even need a guide if we fly in from Sharm, just for pyramids sphinx etc?
Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.