Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I think that if you don't mind exactly where you end up, waiting is until later is better. However, if you want to go to a certain resort or from a certain airport then you probably have to start thinking about booking soon. I booked a late deal for mid-July last year, first week of the school holidays. I booked around 4 weeks before we left and it didn't get any cheaper, I checked. However, the summer last year was awful so I think that made a difference. It does tend to get busier in August but I know there were deals left last year but the prices didn't come down much. If the start of the summer is decent this year there will probably be more late deals. We go to Arenal d'en Castell and love it there. First time was a late deal only specified as three star half board.
Thanks very much for your kind reply. I think this years summer is looking the same as last year so booking now would maybe be best bet. We are actually looking at a deal to son bou's victoria playa, does anyone know of this hotel? But we actually dont mind broading our horizons if it is going to be cheaper ie majorca/algarve/greece/cyprus-egypt maybe etc.....Thanks

ps if we went to egypt is it better on the pound as the euro is really poor this year
...Forgot to add the budget has now gone to £1800 (raided the kids piggy bank) ....and canaries is also on our list. We was looking at a 5T Maspalomas Tabaiba Princess in gran canaria, really cheap but what put me off was the beach being 1,5Km away. Can anybody ps recommend a good website to search for a cheapy Hol? Thanks
I use Travel Republic for hotels and have found them very good.
Yes thanks for that site, tried and tried but cannot seeem to get much on a hotel that has great reviews! It seems this year is pretty bad on a late deal with hardly any savings to be had. Thanks again Blanck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.