Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
24 Hour Clock?
6 Posts
for at least the last few years airlines have quoted times on th 24 hr cycle but in local time example uk-zakinthos- would be something like.. dept 07.00 arrive 12.45 and return would then be dept 13.00 arrive 15.00 time allow for the time diffrence between the two
Sorry, that's not what I meant wizard!!! I thought the 24 hour clock was always used, as in your example. But I have tickets issued that say departing 6.30 p.m. arriving 10.30 p.m. (for example), and I have been reading on the complaints forum that ppl have mistakenly been booked on a 9.45 a.m. flight rather than the 9.45 p.m. that they wanted!!!

So what I wanted to know is, is this the norm now rather than saying 0945 and 2145 which would mean no mistakes on bookings would be made.
Have you booked with an American carrier by chance? They don't use the 24 hour clock.
It seems to be an American thing.
No, no bookings are by US carriers. BA are using the 24 hour clock, Aerlingus the 12 hour (in this booking only) Spanair using 24hr clock, and Easyjet 24hr too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.