America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Stayed at this Holiday Inn 12 months ago. Good mid range hotel but on the wrong side of town for Universal and Hollywood. It is situated adjacent to a freeway so make sure you get rooms overlooking the pool or on the other side of the hotel. Public transport is not really an option from what I remember. Traffic in Los Angeles was manic so don't expect to get across town in a hurry. In fact don't expect to get anywhere in a hurry at peak times! Though, with more than one person in the car, you could use the "pool car" lanes which tend to be slightly less congested.
I'd spend a little bit more and ask Virgin to quote on the next level of hotels up.

Circus Circus is a little tired and for a few ££ more you can book better.

Holiday Inn Buena Park is fine, but again pay a little more and stay in Anaheim.
I would ask how much less it would cost you to drop Circus Circus, then look at the offers in the Las Vegas Hotels topic on here and see if you can get a better hotel for the cost of the difference.

That said, a lot of Brits are happy enough with CC. It's just the Americans who slate the place.

luci :wave
IIRC Anaheim is quite a distance from Universal and Hollywood. Hollywood was quite seedy when I last visited and not a place to be after dark. This was a year or two ago; things may have changed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.