General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
the pound / euro is not the only bad rate.. due in part to the low interest rates in the UK the exchange rate is poor against most holiday currencies
Not that it's my cup of tea, but I think AI is probably the best way to go now.
There aren't many AI's in the Algarve. Its never really taken off there. It's either lots of SC apartments and private villas in areas where there are loads of nice restaurants, cafes and bars or 4* hotels that tend to give a choice of either B&B or Half Board, there is the odd AI (Paraiso de Albuferia is one I think but it's really expensive and FC are opening one of their famous holiday villages).

Of all the Eurozone resorts the Algarve is supposed to offer the best in terms of value for money in eating and drinking out, don't know if that helps. Two course meals for four about 70 Euros, with a litre of sangria, soft drinks and water, that was in Lagos. Decent food steaks, chicken, fish etc not spag bol & pizza.
Don't worry about it, for a weeks hols it will work out about £30 pp more on spending money. If getting a late deal, you will have probably saved quite a bit anyway.

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.