Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Try in the next few days (remember it's Easter) as you have only just paid in full for the holiday. Your details will not have been entered on the site until payment received.
I agree give it a few days I have always been able to enter API on line including holidays with Thomson.
I have been able to input my API for both of my holidays - one of them is in September and hasnt been paid in full yet.
if you do have to phone thomsons you will find an alternative number to the premium number here http://www.saynoto0870.com/
Well there is good news on this moan, we have now done our A P I with 12 weeks left to go. also picked seats on plane outward and inward, must have been to early the first time.
Update on A P I, this July we went Albufeira with Thomson Holidays and they told me we had to go online and enter our Names and the likes to travel to Portugal and that was how I started this link. Soon we will be going again only this time we are going to Tavira with Jet2 but this time we do not have to fill out a, A P I any one now why?
Do I need to provide Advanced Passenger Information (API) before I fly?

With a Jet2 package holiday we do not require any passport information prior to your departure.We will collect this information upon check in at the airport or if you choose to check in online. For New York bookings we will ask for all customers’ dates of birth at the time of booking.

http://www.jet2holidays.com/faqs-page-1.aspx

Which flights are which?
If you are unsure whether your flight is a charter or a scheduled flight, the clue is in the flight number:

All scheduled flights have three figure flight numbers, i.e LS202 or LS809.
All charter flights have four figure flight numbers, i.e. LS2007 or LS6158.

For scheduled flights ....
Jet2.com is legally required to provide advance passenger information for all passengers departing from and arriving into the UK. In order to comply with this you need to provide Jet2.com with accurate passport data. You may provide this data any time between the time of your booking and 5 hours before departure. You can provide this data under the Manage My Booking section of the website, through our call centre or at check-in.

http://www.jet2.com/new/answers/check-in-security-and-identification-2

Sanji x
I did a late holiday with Thomsons last year and as it was only three days before we were off we could not do online API but it only took seconds at the airport to do, makes you wonder why we are supposed to do it online
shrimper wrote:
I did a late holiday with Thomsons last year and as it was only three days before we were off we could not do online API but it only took seconds at the airport to do, makes you wonder why we are supposed to do it online

Because some check - in desks do not have the technology to read the encrypted information contained on your passport.

I remember reading when API was requested by Spain ( the first country to 'jump the EU gun' and request it). That only half of the check- in desks in the UK had this technology. Thomson did on the flights that I took with them from Doncaster just after API was introduced. Doncaster is a new(ish) airport, so the latest technology was installed in their desks - it may not be the case for all of Thomson's desks in every airport.

Therefore, there was no other option apart from getting the customer to provide it or collecting it at the check-in desk and bogging down the queues.
The obvious solution was to upgrade and change the technology on those desks unable to read the encrypted information....Not a cheap option for some airlines, so I think it's a cost saving exercise to still have the customer provide it, preferably before they go to the airport.

Sanji x
Cheers Sanji, tight wads that's all I can say about Thomson they don't even show any thing on there telly's on the plane any more, but want you to buy there scratch cards.
they don't even show any thing on there telly's on the plane any more,

They do :D :rofl

I still love this, IMO, it must be best and most watched safety video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHCc6TZhaM[/youtube]

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.