Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Never looked at the Abalone while I stayed at the Renton last March so couldn`t comment. A few people who were staying there weren`t so keen on it, Renton Manor on the other hand was spotless around the pool area although not much in the way of sun and very few loungers it would be a case of better the devil you know. My friends are off to Renton Manor later today so I will get an update for you soon, personally I liked Renton Manor, basic but great staff hmmmmmm decisions lol :wink:
can you ask your friend to pop across the road and have a look at the pool in the abalone? because if theres still a pool of stagnant water then i definetly wont be going.
and Renton Manor reviews here
Thanks Fiona
Just hoping someone has stayed at the abalone this year who can tell me if that small pool of stagnant water has been removed?
I was speaking to a taxi driver who usually sits outside of the abalone, he says all the taxi drivers have moved from there as there are only a few people staying there due to the hotel being up for sale, apparently there was quite a few problems last season - thefts etc - just what i heard, i drove past last week and it seemed very quiet, the shops in the hotel were closed - I would go for the Renton Manor - we're off to the Lagoa Azul on 19th Jan - maybe see you in All Spice!
Paul
Thanks for that Paul, i was very close to choosing renton mannor as a lot of people have said its a far better hotel. Youve just made my mind up for me :)
Are there still taxis outside the renton mannor?as its directly facing abalone isnt it?

I think we're off on the 18th Jan, so we should make a few trips to All Spice.

Ive never been to AllSpice before, at least i dont think i have?
do you turn left as you reach the 'main' road in arpora as you come from renton mannor?
That`s the one, turn left and its about 70 yards down on the right :wink:
Great restaurant. Vinnie's a top bloke.. :glynis
Thanks, its in staggering distance so thats good :)
Ill certainly be making a few trips there
yummymummy,
we're flying with mytravel on the 18th from Manchester - maybe it's the same flight as you? you'll have agreat time in arpora - it's got the cheapest (and best) bars in the area - Pooja Bar has to be experienced to be believed - i was there in jan and some local fishermen offered me some freshly fried fish which they had caught that afternoon (still warm - and served in NEWSPAPER!) it tasted fantastic. Can't wait!!
Im still undecided, if i cant get a cheap late deal then ill have to get a flight only with directholidays, by the looks of things i think im going to have to book up in the next few weeks, as someones told me demand is very high in Jan.
Hi, Stayed there for christmas last year (the Renton Manor). Were going again in Feb. Its a great hotel really friendy and clean. Its true about the sun in the day but when you have beaches as amazing as Goa why would you want to stay in a hotel :D
Hotxbun,
Have you met the wildlife collection at Pooja bar? Won't spoil it for you, but will say that Keano our Jack Russell absolutely loves going there :D
Ulas the owner denies any existence of them, it's our local so we go a couple of times a week and always see them :wink:
I hope the newspaper that the fish was served on hadn't been hanging round long :!:
Julie
nicola (yy)

have you booked up yet. if so when and where

bob
Thanks Mardon.

No ive not booked up yet bob, im hanging around for late deals :lol:
Planning on going around the 18th Jan, as this is when semester 2 starts at university so will only be missing the first 2 weeks of it which isnt bad.
i was in the travel agents for about 3 hours on friday. There was not a lot of deals or choice of hotels about as i originally wanted mid jan. had to settle for new year.
Hmm, im not really fussy as to where we stay, as long as its in north. we might even end up getting a cheap flight only last minute, i really dont know yet.
We've got our visas so we're definetly going
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.