General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Ah Paddy, you must be psychic - I was wondering the same thing myself last night! Will keep an eye out next time I go to Dixons etc and let you know if i find out anything useful. In the meantime, can anyone else help?
Simple I just Googled and got this.

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/stoneaudio/products/details.asp?product=1203" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/default.asp?redirect=http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/stoneaudio/products/details.asp?product=1203
Heavens, Gaterman, at over £6.00 that's expensive! I have the identical thing that I purchased on a plane for, if I remember correctly, £2.50 or possibly even less! Any more and I wouldn't have bothered buying it as it would have been cheaper to just buy a new pair of earphones from the cabin staff. Both Monarch and JMC/Thomas Cook come round and have them for sale when they are pushing their own headphones. I've also been offered them on other airlines. I actually have two different ones - the twin pin type as per the link above and also a single pin type too. I carry both with me but have only needed to twin pin one on the more recent journeys.

SM
SM

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Over the years we have collected several of the headphone sets that you can buy on the plane, now we just use the adaptors that come with these for use with our own headphones. It must be the cheapest and easiest way to obtain them,

Jackie
I've found that I can always use my own walkman headphones on the planes! This is mostly Britania!
I didnt suggest they purchase them just showing how easy it is to find items,I am with you got mine with the rubbish that ThomsonFly call headphones.
I travelled with Thomascook last year and you could purchase headphones on the plane for £2.50 or an adapter to use with your own headphones for £1.00.
I bought the adapter which I brought home with me to use again this year as I'm travelling on the same airline.

sam
Asda are doing noise-cancelling headphones for use on aircraft etc for less than a tenner :shock:
It also includes an aircraft adapter

Ady
Hi all my son used the headphones from his mp3 and these worked no problem
i carry 2 sets one purchased from MYT which are stereo and one from another (cant remember who ) which are twin mono neither pair weigh anything and i don't have to hunt around my bag for adapters
I have a few earphone sets collected from various airlines over the years.The ones from Airtours had an adaptor included which I always take with me.I have never had to use it as the single plug type fit ,First Choice,Thomas Cook,Britannia,My Travel etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.