Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world is wonderful for kids, it really is kids paradise, the food is fab too, scenery to die for,theres lots of ways to book it, as a package or diy, have a look at its website. the lagoon area of olu deniz is a short taxi ride and that has a lovely sandy beach, lykias own beach is a bit shingly. its full board + so wine, beer and soft drinks are included with meals and you can find a restaurant open all day to get a drink, as for the pools there are 19 to choose from including a kids water park

good luck
Hi, thanks for your reply- I've had a look and it looks great, although not sure if if may be a little too big to be able to keep our eyes on the kids all the time. Can anyone recommend anything similiar but a little smaller?

Thanks!
the staff are great at lykia and look after your kids in the clubs for ages , there were 30 of us that went, kids ranging from 4 to 18 and we had no problems not being able to keep an eye on them.

the other complex ive stayed at thats similar but is smaller is letoonia in fethiye, this has its own website, but the food isnt quite as nice , but the good point is its 24 hr all inclusive

http://www.letooniaresorts.com/site/fethiye/fethiye_home_english.htm
The Alvaro aparments, Icmeler, Our daughter & son in law plus two kids stayed there this june and loved it , we couldnt get in as it was fully booked so stayed close by , we went over there 3 times and used the pool and bar, the staff were very friendly all the kids there were having a great time , it has a water slide as well which both kids and adults used , Thomas Cook sell holidays to these Apartments as do the Co/op .
You could have a look at the Parkim Ayaz in Gumbet. It has had some very good reviews and is right on the beach. There are two pools and one has a water slide.
Thanks for all your suggestions - I will have a good look at all of them! I quite like the look of the resort Olu deniz -any more suggestions here would be great!

Many thanks
olu deniz resort hotel, belcekiz beach hotel, sun city are the main popular all incs in olu deniz
If you want to see a place were time has stood still in Turkey and experience what Turkey used to be like about 15 to 20 yrs ago before the influx of all-inclusive and package holidays of the last decade, then Cirali is the place for this..

Cirali is a great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera" the world''s oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Just nice family own hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. It can be too quiet for some if you are looking for more in the way of a very active nightlife..

my photos ;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Cirali is centrally located between Antalya and Kas and you can travel farily easily to visit nearby historical areas.
In Cirali there are ..boat trips, snorkelling, long walks, day trips to nearby Kemer or Kumluca to visit local markets, biking, and of course relaxation...not to mention the historical ruins to explore..plenty to keep ones self busy for a week or two.
I agree totally with ellie-meg about Lykia ,having been, but if the scenary isn't important, and you don't get that at Lara Beach, then the Royal Wings is a very good AI with good facilities for kids. We went in June with kids 12, 9, 7, 7 and have recently left a review that may interest you. Incidently the reps champion Royal Wings out of all the other hotels at Lara as being most suitable for kids and looking at them I think we would be hard pushed to better it in the same area as it has a good aqua park and kids club.

The Royal Dragon at Side is it's sister hotel and certainly a contender for us next year due to the high facilties and good management of the RW.

Incidently we also stayed at the Grand Azure in Marmaris in October last year. Lovely hotel but no facilties for this kids other than one watersilde but there is plenty of places to visit outside the hotel.

We realise that the AI is important for us as the children have got older since our stay at Lykia - purely for the soft drink option as the 6 of us got through so much slush/pop in the day, not alcohol.

We have also stayed at the Aqua Fantasi hotel in Kusadasi - fabulous waterpark, couldn't be bettered, but the food although OK, isn't as good, as that at the others.

I'm sure they're lots of other hotels in Turkey that are just as good though, depending on your exact requirements - we wouldn't bother looking anywhere else.
Thanks all for your replies!

Pamplemousse, I have been looking at Lykia World and Aqua Fantasi - which one did you prefer? We like to be able to drop into town in the evenings - are they both within a short bus ride? Any advice on when and how it's best to book?

Thanks so much!
Both are a taxi ride away, no buses I'm afraid.

Lykia World was much better than Aqua Fantasy but when I booked twice as expensive. Royal Wings was much better than Aqua Fantasy and although diffrent from Lykia we enjoyed the holiday as much. If money isn't an option and you are happ with the full board option you will love Lykia.
Sorry didn't answer the last part of your question.

I find the best prices are as soon as the brochures come out, i.e. now and again just after Christmas although you don't have the same choice with flights, etc. then.

We book a package as there are 6 of us and it is cheaper (we book 2 rooms and get 2 free kids) therefore cheaper than paying 6 flights IY, but others have got fab deals for DIY. I usually use Direct Holidays who are part of TC, but cheaper, lol.
Hi, Thanks for that - yes the price will be a consideration - I looked at the Royal Dragon which came out very expensive for us, I'm hoping Lykia comes out a little cheaper if we shop around! I think I reseach everywhere too much, after having three years of lovely holidays in Majorca I want the next to be as good! Ideally I would like good half board/AI accomodation, with a nice big pool for the kids, that's near to the beach if we want it, and fairly close to a town for evening walks around the shops! The kids keep looking through the brochures and see all the hotels with the big slides and lovely pools and think they are amazing!!!

Thanks for your advice - I shall keep looking!
having been on about 5-6 hols a year , my daughter still mentions lykia as her favourite despite it being 4 years ago so we are really looking forward to going back in oct this year. it takes some beating for the kids entertainment, water park, fab food and scenery combined, everywhere you look is so lovely, surrounded by mountains, sea and lovely gardens

going to turkey tomorrow and havent even packed yet lol :rofl

good luck hope you get sorted soon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.