Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry but you will just be a creditor. Whilst ATOL/ABTA and the CAA schemes will get you home or refund the money in the case of holidays that did not take place your problem is different.

Your problem is that the transfer part did not materialise, probably die to the company not paying the bill. Under normal circumstances you would claim back from them on your return. As they have now gone bust - and of course there is no money there is nothing you can do about it.

I might possibly offer some hope depending on how the holiday was booked, what your invoice says and how you paid. If a charge is shown for transfers and you paid by credit card you could speak to them. But as it is under £100 I don't think you will get anywhere.

fwh
Don't know if this is any help.

The company also traded as Go Travel. A note on its website advises customers to contact geoff@hillsjarrett.com.

fwh
The medical bills should go to your insurance company although you may lose a big lump to the excess.

The £48 is unlikely to been seen again as fwh says.

Any compensation for other faults is not worth the trouble, you'd have to get a court judgement first (which would cost money up front) and then put that in as a creditor claim - and the answer there is likley to be the same as the £48.
Thanks for all the advice.
Medical bills have been claimed and paid, and only a small excess.
Also contacted hills jarrett - really nice company and good with the advice.
Since the Company went bump on the 10th, we were VERY lucky to get back from the holiday without any problems - thanks to Thomsons. We knew nothing about the failure until after we got back!
Others are not so lucky - 300-400 customers who will get no holiday at the moment so we should be thankful that we at least got something as this was my daughters honeymoon as well as the family holiday.
Again, thanks for all the help everybody.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.