Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i have added the hotel to our review section here

if anyone has stayed, please add your review - thank you

kath
Oscarben

I personally have not stayed in the Antique Palace but know 2 families who have stayed there and were full of praise for it. The reviews are very mixed though.

What I can tell you is a little about the location as it is situated in the Armutulan area of Marmaris. We stayed in Armutulan area in July 2008 for 3 weeks and regularly passed the Antique Palace. Infact we had a Turkish bath in the hotel. It is a busy little area with lots of restaurants, bars, shops etc. and a lively atmosphere. We actually stayed about 5 minutes away from there in a nice quiet little corner!!

You can catch a dolmus outside (they run every couple of minutes) to go into the main part of Marmaris, that is the Marina area and Bar Street . Its approx a 10 minute journey and doesnt cost very much, if I remember right about 80p.

I wouldnt hesitate to go back to that area of Marmaris. It really does have something for all ages. Sorry this doesnt really answer your questions about staying in Antique Palace but I am sure other posts will offer good advice and I am sure your son would love it there.
Thanks very much for your answers,I will seriously consider it now.T.
Havnt stayed there,but had a turkish bath there,it was in the basement,it was quite old and grubby,nothing like the others we have been to,saying that it only cost £6 each with oil massage.We had a look upstairs at the pool area,very large and very busy,that was in early June.
Thanks Crispy,I think we may go to a different hotel,if they really want to see each other one of them will have to walk or get on a dolmus to the other's hotel.T.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.