Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
advise needed
9 Posts
Not sure about flight costs but it is def only about 3 hours of a flight. As to whether it is worth it- that's probably only one you could answer :) But, as one of the family goes to Bali every week, I wonder if it might be easier if they came to meet up with you?
Bali budget- everything is really cheap. :D Think along the lines of Goa- perhaps marginally more
Lots of airlines flying that route. Try Garuda (the Indonesian version of the website), Air Asia, Pacific Blue (Virgin Australia), Jetstar Asia. You might be able to get something very good?
Remember if you do travel to Oz you will need to apply for an ETA or a tourist visa for Oz before you get there, no matter how long you are staying there for.
Air Asia now fly direct from Bali to Perth. They also have a HUGE special on at the moment. You can 'supersize' your luggage to 25kg.

Are you allowed to change your return flight from Bali to the UK without penalty ?

Enjoy Bali :cheers

Cheers Geri
:wave: Thankyou for all your replies,i'm still unsure wot to do,don't want to sp9oil our trip to bali,by thinking about wot is really another holiday,but it is so near,have still got 5weeks 4days(whose counting :tongue )to sort it,have thought abought appling for visa online & at least if we decided while we were in bali that would be sorted,thankyou Gerib looked up flights airasia couldn't make head nor tail of the conversion Rupiah to pound :duh but :tup anyway
Manxcat
Hi Manxcat

I think the Air Asia sale finishes today or tomorrow, however, they seem to have regular sales.

If you're confused about the IDR wait till you get there :rofl 100,000 is 6 pounds and 6p

Before I travel anywhere I go into Oanda and print off a cheatsheet.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

I'm no good with all them zeros. A teenager at our hotel once told me how he managed them... he placed his thumb over the first 3 zeros and what you have left is 10, 20, 50, 100 thousand.

Always change money in large notes. Always be the LAST person the touch the money. If the money changer has mates who distract you then close the deal as they practise 'slight of hand' Only except large IDR notes (too confusing otherwise) Only except clean notes with no tears as you'll find it difficult to pass on. Kodak shops generally have the best reputation.

And watch out for the horrible monkeys... they are nasty critters and pinch everything!!

Cheers Geri
A cheat sheet is also available on HT. Click on Holiday Tools at the top right hand corner of the screen.

luci :wave
we were in malaysia & my sister,was in bali,at the same time.we overlapped,by a week.we flew over to see her,for 3 days using air asia.i think that flight,was about 3 hours & we were only in malaysia,for 2 weeks,so it is certainly doable.i would seriously consider it,seeing how you are so close.
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.