Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Aghios Gordios
6 Posts
have you looked at the Members Resort Reports yet

wizard
Try http://www.corfutravelguide.com or agni. travel...
We went to Agios Gordios last September for the first time and loved it. So quiet and peaceful.... just one main street with a few gift shops and fantastic restaurants. Most peoples favourites and ours were Sebastians, a bit more upmarket (really lovely place settings!), food great and very busy. Stevens on the Hill, Sea Breeze very good. Lemon Tree. Argo (I think the name is). There is one night club of a sort that we saw called Mikes Music Bar but it was always empty. Ola (I think) music bar on the beach towards the Pink Palace. Look out for the flyers that tell you what is on. One night there was Salsa/Latin music and the locals come and dance. Great place, almost on the beach with lovely comfortable canvas chairs, with a long cold beer watching the sea.... fantastic! Not sure of the facilities for children as we are just a couple but it seemed very safe and we would be quite happy for our girls to be on holiday there.

Great walks too. Although very hilly! Try the walk to Sinnarades up the donkey track... quite a challenge. Lovely little museum about Greek life in Sinnarades too.:D

Where are you staying though?
Oh forgot to mention! Although the beach is lovely, a bit seaweedy in some places the sea can be a bit rough. I am not a swimmer and thought the waves were a bit scary at times even though I love the sea. Currents are a bit strong and it can get very windy too. But saying that, we never left the beach for two weeks as it was so relaxing! We have been to a few Greek Islands and this was the most relaxing ever.
Thanks Sue,we are staying at the Marinella appts. We are looking for a relaxing,quiet beach holiday so it sounds great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.