Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
The aguamarina is very popular, so I would book now, especially as you have a cheap price!!!!!!!
Hi, used Travelrepublic twice last year and are going to use them this year no problem at all.
Hi,

my family and I have used travelrepublic for flights, accomodation and transfers to canary islands and have had no problems at all.

I am hoping to book with them for a 10 day holiday in menorca for July.

:tupI would definately recommend them :tup
Thank you for your replies. I haven't booked yet as there are still seats and rooms available with tour operator for only £50 more and their flights suit us better. I will book shortly though as I don't think the prices will come down much more.
get it booked! ;-)
aguamarina is great, and building work will be finished by now (I was there Oct 06 and block furthest for beach was being completely refitted inside)

and dont hold off booking due to flights, as any time I have been to menorca the flight times have changed a few weeks before departure anyway.

enjoy
Anyone heard if Block b refit has been completed now?

they were well under way when i visited in oct 06. Wanting to re-book.
Hi

I have booked. Going next week, can't wait. Hotel through Travel Republic but flights through Thompson, cheaper that way.
Keen to hear how u got on Blanck
Hi im thinking of booking this hotel for next year, a good friend stayed there last year and said it was worth upgradingthe room to get the air con fridge, they had a sea view she told me to request block b but after reading the hotel reviews others have said to avoid block b?? now im confused does anyone know which is the best block, we have 4 little ones so want it fairly peacefull, my friend also said block b had the better restaurant??
We stayed in majorca this year returned the 28/05/07 any ideas if menorcas climate is similar for the same time of year??
many thanks
We went to the Aguamarina in June 2006 ( 2 adults, 4 year old & 1 year old) & despite the negative reviews we had a great time in Block B.
A few facts about Block B, the outside looked dated & in need of some paint. Inside, the reception area had been refurbished.
The room needed updating & was small for 3 single beds & a cot but we managed . There was no aircon in 2006 so we hired a fan & also a fridge, Im told aircon will be available in 2007 & rooms will be updated. The food was good despite some reports I have read. Bar prices were comparable with UK pub prices.
Block A, (I had a look around.) Has been updated. The rooms had been updated to a good standard including fridge & aircon, some rooms have a sea view ( amazing view of the bay) The room sizes are still a bit small for the 4 of us but how much time do you spend in them!. I heard a few people say the food in B was better than A, but if you were staying in A you could dine in B (but not the other way around).
There was entertainment every night at the hotel or just wander up in to the town where there is a few bars & restaurants.
Anyway we have booked up again for June 22nd this time we have upgraded to a superior room , which i imagine will be block A , so I will update on our return.
hi there thanks for your help i will look forward to hearing from you on your return
claire
Just got back. Block B now have air conditioning. I like the restaurant in Block B better but I think the food is pretty much the same. We ate in Block A the first three days. But I think it depends on person which one you prefer. We stayed in Block B. As there are five of us we had two rooms with an interconnecting door, which was great. Two bathrooms, yes! We slept in one room end the three children in the other. We had our rooms facing the Supermarket which was great. Quiet and we could even see the sea. We all love it there and hope to go back.
Hi
thanks for the information, did you pay for an upgraded room?? or was your room standard, im even more interested now to know that they do interconnecting rooms as we have 4 children and i wasnt sure about having two separte rooms, i hope you had a good holiday, was is very warm??
Hi

We stay in the normal rooms, no upgrade and find that fine. I think the fridge is the main difference. Heard someone who stayed in a suite in Block A, superiour with sea view. They had an extra bedroom but only one bathroom. So the suites seem a bit bigger than the rest. The rooms are not big but we haven't had any problems with the size. I put all our stuff in the wardrobes and the buggy fits without problem. We don't think it is worth the extra cost for the fridge, especially now when all rooms got air conditioning. We don't really use the rooms a lot and when we use it it is to sleep or shower so two bathrooms is great. The interconnecting door was great. Last year we had two rooms beside each other, no door between, and that worked but this year was better (we had baby alarm with us last year). You might get a bunkbed which can make it more crowded depending on the age of the children. Then you could have the children in one room and keep the other one less crowded.
Some days were hot some not so hot. Menorca is known for it's wind and some days were a bit windy. However, in all the weather was fine. We stayed for two weeks so then the weather will be nice in all.
blanck

hi thanks for the information, did you ask for interconnecting rooms when you booked??
i think we would have to, and to ask for a low floor as we have 4 little ones 6, 4, 2, 1, lifts can be a pain, was your room quiet? and the balcolny safe??
we dont use our rooms a great deal so think we would go for the standard one, as the upgraded room is around £ 300 to £400 more, for the sake of a fridge and a bit more space i dont really think its worth it travel republic dont seem to be selling the aguamarina for next year or they are not as yet i will keep a watch the only place i can find it at the moment is firstchoice, if anyone else see's it for sale anywhere else on the web please let me have the web address.
Hi

We did ask for the interconnecting door when we booked this time and got it. We were on the third floor and there are three lifts and it worked okay. Once my little one who is two and a half took the lift on his own. They learn quickly. My husband was a second too late to catch him, he made it in time downstairs though. This year we stayed in the rooms facing the supermarket and it was very quiet. Last year we faced Block A and when the entertainment was on until about 11pm we could definitely hear it. Our three fell asleep anyway but it was better this year. However, most of the sound seemed to come through the window at the end of the corridor last year and this year the windows were gone and there were fire doors instead so it might be quiter now. Last year it took a while before anyone except the tour operators had it so you can always wait. The trick is to get a cheap flight though. Also Eclipse which is First Choice is slightly cheaper normally.
hi
thanks for that, ive been looking on eclipse, i like to book up early, but think i may wait until the low cost airlines release there prices and see if its worthwhile getting a cheap flight through them and trying to independantly book the aguamarina, sometimes though diy is not always the cheapest.
thanks again
steve
We stayed in block B last year , also on the 3rd floor. The music finished by approx 11.30, the bar stayed open until after 12 but we didnt hear much noise from it.
We booked last year with Direct Holidays (& same again this year) which is part of the MY Travel group. You have the added bonus of the free kids club & creche facilities . Not sure but I think you have to pay with First Choice for the kids clubs. Will find out next week when we go again. Fridges can be hired in Block B when you arrive, we found it very useful for the baby milk .It cost approx € 40 for the 2 weeks. We took a travel kettle & made up the bottles for the night.
We found some great Late Deal offers for this holiday. Booked begininning of May this year as we are trying a superior room, last year we booked 2 weeks before travelling.
The Airtours kids club is not operating this year, the hotel run one is though. We have only used the hotel run anyway. Airtours had asked the hotel for some things to be done to the kids club indoor facility and the hotel didn't want to do it. That is what they told me. We weren't going to use it but I just noticed that they weren't around.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.