Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
airplane toilets
22 Posts
I would have thought that toilets on board any aircraft will be limited in size. Toilets, whilst being a necessity do not make money for the airline, so if they increase the size of the loos, then I guess that would mean loosing a fews seats....and hence revenue from ticket sales.
Are the toilets any better in business class

Having flown across the pond and in Europe in economy, premium economy and business classes I can say that the better class makes no difference to the size of the loos. Some airlines do offer some or better toiletries in the premium bogs though.
Flew Etihad on Boeing 777 this March and that had the best loos I've used in economy...fairly spacious for a plane and as the plane had only been in service for five days in good nick as well.
I found it quite surprising that the loos were the same in business class on the MAS flight I would have thought it would be part of the whole experience to provide better toilets. They spend lots of money upgrading the cabins replaceing the seats with almost flat beds yet the toilets are so small even Kylie would complain about the size (this size seems even smaller on the upper deck as the roof of the plane curves inward)
I've travelled Business Class with lots of airlines and haven't noticed any difference in size of toilets though as previously stated some have better toiletries for use. I seem to remember reading about bigger toilets in First Class though at the price you have to pay for this class I think every seat should have it's own ensuite.
I rememver flying with MyTravel to Tunisia a few years back and the toilets were downstairs. They were really spacious and had a litle seating area too!
They were really spacious and had a litle seating area too!

A seating area in an aircraft toilet :hmmm The mind boggles.
Yes, I've flown to the Far East on one with the downstairs toilet. It was an Airbus I think(?) I loved the seating area down there - bench seats long enough to lie down on.
The Star Class toilets are good on First Choice long haul.
MyTravel's A330-200 aircraft have several toilets onboard, including one at the front for the premium cabin, 1 at the rear of the aircraft and 4/5 located downstairs which is a nice change and allows you to get up and stretch your legs!
... And yes there is a seating area too!
The toilets on board these aircraft are similar to that of most aircraft, adequate but primarily CLEAN!
I've never thought to compare the size of the toilets on aircraft, I'm just glad that they're there if I need to go :D
I have flown many time with many aircraft and found the toilets to be the same in size really looking back
Just wondered how anyone knows how large the toilets are on a plane.....I go before I board and then when I get off the plane. Too scared to go whilst on there! :oops:
Me too Prawn - I thought I was the only scardey cat.
Nah, there are lots of us out there. You can tell by the crossed legs (and eyes!) and the strained look on the face!! :hyper
Nah, there are lots of us out there. You can tell by the crossed legs (and eyes!) and the strained look on the face!!

A bit worrying when it's the pilot :lol:
What do you do on long haul journeys?
Airplane toilets are horrid! And you can guarantee the person in the queue in front of you will have an 'upset tum' :yuck I always take some wet wipes with me to clean up before I use it, although I draw the line at mopping the floor - honestly, I don't know what some people do in there...
I seem to remember reading about bigger toilets in First Class though at the price you have to pay for this class I think every seat should have it's own ensuite
Maybe the manufacturers of these new super planes should think about this one...?
Worst Toilet I ever used was on an 8 seat twin engined prop from Manchester to Amsterdam in 1996, toilet was a porta potty behind a curtain in the tail section, very cramped.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.