Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Albert Einstein
8 Posts
a google found this

http://www.9h1mrl.org/marlhistory.htm

12 para from the bottom

but why I don't know !

*Edit text removed for copyright reasons - members please refer to link and paragraph quoted. Thanks - Glynis*
Hi Mark,

Thanks for that prompt reply and the info you've supplied. I still am intrigued as to 'why' Albert Einstein since we in the UK generally erect monuments for a specific reason. Generally there is some relevance to person and the area where the monument is sited.

I have great respect for the work done by Einstein but I would consider it bizarre to erect this monument if he hadn't at least visited Malta. Surely there are lots of other great people who have connections with Malta or who are Maltese that in my opinion ought to have this pride of place,

Trev
I agree Trev, and presume there is more to it - perhaps someone else can enlighten us !
Unfortunately I have not got the foggiest idea as to why this would have been placed there. But here is another location....not statue....paying tribute to somebody who never visited Malta....Kennedy grove just outside Bugibba....named after Assasinated US President John F. Kennedy.
I vote Sliema2 should have his statue right above city gate, or if not how about his head on a pike above city gate or perhaps they could lash him to the front of the Sliema ferry like on the old sailing ships of the knights :twisted:

Dave
I'll drink to that Dave :rofl
Hi Dave,

I just wonder what Sliema2 has got to say about your suggestions. I think he's busy at the moment because his next visit to the Isle Magnifique is imminent!

Trev, as ever you are right. I know Kennedy Grove and I guessed that it was something to do with JFK.

While I was flying out recently I read the 'back of seat' magazine and was intrigued by an article about the number of famous authors who had visited or even made home in Malta. Some of them had used references to places in Malta in their books that they wrote. Are there any plaques on buildings commemorating any of these guys like the one commemorating Napoleon's visit on a building wall in Valletta?

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.