Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hi there
there are some photos and info on alexandra beach and the resort at http://www.stalis.info/default-en.htm if there's anything specific you want to know about the restort I'll try to help am a regular visitor to Stalis.
Rick.
We have this hotel listed in our reviews but no-one has posted yet.

If you have stayed here please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review HERE
Thanks Juggernaut for the link. Is the Alexander Beach Hotel a decent hotel? It is 4 stars but have only read 1 review on it. Is the beach in front of the hotel a decent beach? Have you heard good things about the hotel? How long a walk is to Malia and Stalis and which village would you recommend. We have families (40 people)...do you know if there is a waterpark nearby. Do you know of a company who will do english speaking excursion's? Are there ferries running in April to other islands such as Santorini and if so how long does it take? Thanks for the info...
Hi Barney
Can't comment on the hotel it looks a really nice place from the outside but don't know what it's like, not an hotel person.You don't need to walk to Stalis you're right in the resort,the beach runs the length of Stalis and is quite a narrow beach of fine sand it's fairly lively but you can always find a comfortable spot even in August,all the watersports you want.To walk to Malia will take you roughly 25 minutes along the beach road which is lined virtually all the way these days with tavernas and bars,avoid the beach road at all costs,old malia village is nice to walk around and there are some really nice tavernas and restaurants there.There is a waterpark in Hersonissos you can catch the bus there off the main road by the taxi rank and it runs fairly regularly during in the day and is always busy.There's also a free waterpark on the way but I'm not very impressed with it can't think of the name off by heart.All round Stalis resort there are agencies advertising excursions of all varietys and also ferries to other islands but can't say how much they charge or what the journey times are.There is a huge amount to see in Crete you won't fit it all in in 2 weeks,Stalis is a good resort for young,old and couples with a huge amount of bars,restaurants,tavernas etc with a nice comfortable atmosphere.Hope I have helped at all Barney.
Rick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.