Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We have older teens and as I mentioned on the other thread they loved Belcekiz as they have a really lively open air dancing bar there and the entertainment team are brilliant and usually dance the night away with them. This year (or should i say last year now)we went to the Hemera that was another huge hit . Again there is a disco there on site + a few late night bars across the road. They never came in before 5am most nights but I always felt they were safe in both places .

You might like to look at the aegean dream resort too. We went here in 2008 , again a disco on site , although the boys wernt as impressed with that one but there is also lots going on in terms of included watersports . The banana boat was very popular :) and it's only a 10 min walk to bar street in Turgetries if you are brave enough to let them go.
Hi. I know the bars over the road from the Hemera (Side) and can say they are safe if you do feel brave enough to let them go...not that I blame you if you don't (have a 16yr old daughter who I wouldn't feel great about letting out on her own abroad). Once you get to know staff at a particular bar, you will be able to ask them to keep an eye on them.

As for hotels, we tend not to go AI (just personal preference) However, we have heard great reviews of the Hemera, and the Barut hotel chain is excellent (we stay HB at the Arum, 3 hotels down the beach from the Barut Hemera).

Also in Side, if you do feel brave enough, is Oxyd. We've never been but apparently its an open air nightclub. Its about a 5-10min walk from Hemera (from what I can remember, although in the summer it may take longer due to the heat, and having to stop for a cooling Efes :tup )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.