Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Great video Sanji, what a lovely church, We'll have to pay a visit the next time we go to Altea. We'll probably take your advise and get a taxi up there.

I always find churches so moving, they make me want to cry :cry:

Shame about the name though. :lol: (Sorry, private joke)

Sue :)
What a stunningly beautiful church. I must admit I have never been inside a church in Spain but this one is just fantastic, something you would not expect as you say in a place like Altea.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to make a video of it Sanji :D

Michelle
Well, it looks like you were all enthralled with the church :cry: :lol: ......
Here's a video showing parts of Altea.

Altea....................December 2006

Sanji x
Hi Sanji
Two more excellent videos.
We have been to Altea many times but only once walked up to the church and it was closed as they were doing some work. As we walked up we completey lost sight of the church and had to ask the way (in my limited Spanish!) It looked absolutely beautiful on your video and we must try again.
I'm pleased you and your husband enjoyed your recent trip to Benidorm and note you have wasted no time booking for next Christmas.
Regards Sue
Thanks Sue, Michelle & Sue.

Lincoln Sue, that's a shame it was closed especially after the trek up there, but I should image the church is like the forth bridge...by the time you have finished decorating/renovating etc, then it will be time to start all over again.
Please try again next time you're in the area....the video can only show you so much, the real thing is breath taking when you first walk inside.IMO.

I'm pleased you and your husband enjoyed your recent trip to Benidorm and note you have wasted no time booking for next Christmas.

Thankyou :kiss that's where I want to be.....so, I dropped on a good price, flights etc and just booked it.!

The early bird catches the worm :wink:

Sanji x
Sanji's video clips of Altea are now in a new home ... please click here.

David :wave
Brillant video, wished i had known when we went, but a must next time we do, thanks for the video wonderful
Hi Sanjii, Thank you, thank you, thank you. We have just come back from Costa Blanca and a visit to Altea but much to our dissapointment the church was locked while we were there - we were soooo dissapointed. your excellent video has given all of us a glimpse of exactly what it was we missed - I can almost smell the candles. Thanks again.
Wow, with a thank you like that, I'd better keep making video's. :lol:

Aww what a shame the church was closed, :cry: you're not the first to say they have been disappointed to find it locked up, we must have been very lucky as we just decided to go up there one day during our stay in Benidorm ......... but I hope you enjoyed Altea and the Costa Blanca.

Regards

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sanji, i have just watched your video and found it very moving indeed. My Father sadly passed away last month after a long illness. E'vonne and me went just for a 3 day break to Beni to take some time away from things, and one day we went to Altea and we walked up to the church. We were lucky that we found it open, but the workmen were just shutting it as we left. Its a really beautifull church as you say, and the video shows. We too were amazed at the scale of the church and also how elaborate the interior is. We "lit" a candle there for Dad and took time to remember the happy times spent with him. The record you,ve used by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli "Time to Say Goodbye" was also one of Dads favourites and we played it at his funeral as he was taken out of church. I must admit there were tears in my eyes watching the video but i'm glad i did as its brought back some lovely memories of Dad.

To anyone going to Altea, please do take time to visit this church, you will not regret it. It is a rather steep climb, but as Sanji says you are rewarded not only by the character of the streets and houses on your way up, but by a wonderfull view over the coast, and a very special church, once you get there. Next time i go, i will go in the evening and have something to eat and drink in one of the bars or restaurants in the square, i bet theres a lovely atmosphere there at night.

Thank you Sanji!

Best Regards - Taggy
Awww Taggy, I'm sorry to hear of your father passing away, I send my condolences to you and your family. :kiss

When you mentioned Sarah Brightman, I had to think twice there.
There was some mix up when some of the video's were transferred from the gallery into the new video library and I re-edited the church and put different music behind it, so now there are 2 versions of the church video floating around in HT"¦I've just realised the link to the one in the gallery is still active.

Yes it is a beautiful church and I've been in a lot of churches over the years in Spain, but for some unknown reason this particular church left an imprint in my brain and literally took my breath away when I first entered.

I don't know whether that's because I wasn't expecting it to be so beautiful or whatever, but I went inside Valencia Cathedral a few weeks back and whilst it has a lot of history, I'm sorry to say it did nothing for me and didn't even stir one iota of emotion, even when viewing the Holy Grail.

If you want a personal copy of that video with Sarah Brightman music behind, then drop me a PM, as I have that video at the moment on my hard drive, I wouldn't normally do this, but as a friend and under the circumstances, it will be my pleasure to send you a copy.

You take care big fellow :kiss
Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sanji

Iam a regular visitor to Altea when staying in Benidorm the old town is beautiful with fantastic views and some fantastic restaurants.

We usually go to El Negro (fantastic pate starter but only get 1 to share) but have been in some others.
Last year I posted on here saying that we were unable to get in the church at Altea, well on our recent holiday (this month)we again walked up to the church and were able to go in. I totally agree with all the comments on here that it is a really beautiful building.
I must admit that it was after viewing Sanji's video that made me particularly keen to see it for myself and we took some lovely photos.
Apart from visiting the church the old town is really pretty and we spent some time walking around the streets and the the Viewing areas gave us some lovely photo shots of Benidorm and Calpe.
Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.