Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Try http://www.alykes.com
There is a forum there all about Alikes and they can/will answer any questions you have about the place

Just had a thought. I know the bar you refer to is called Baco Beach Bar. Very nice place and yes, it does play chill out music. We spent quite a few lunch times in there, and also 2/3 evenings. The food is very good as is the service. Last time there was 2 years ago, so don't know if it is still there, or called the same name. If it is enjoy!
Tried 3 times now to join that alykes site and each time i've been knocked back due to anti-spamming controls,even tried emailing admin but to no avail so not gonna try again!

Do you mean Buca bar?

can you remember where was lively at night?

Thanks for your post :cheers
Hi

You can also try the justzante web site which I find is quite good.
I don't think you can describe Alykes as lively to be honest in May its gonna be quiet as tourism seems down. A lovely place though been a coupe of times. We got a taxi to Laganas which you could always do. :)
We're hoping to avoid slaganas like the plague to be honest as 3 out of the 4 of us Faliraki workers of many years,would be a busmans holiday as they call it! we'll definitely go to Tsilivi one night as there's a couple fo good places there i've been but the idea of staying in Alykes was to stay in a 'beach resort' that's not full of the sort of people we deal with every night at home!

We know it's quiet but in every resort on earth there's a lively spot,usually the same place all the reps drink!
Try the Yria cafe/bar at the southern end of Alykes, it can get pretty lively at night, although I'm not sure how busy it will be in May. Vassilis is a great host, has a wide variety of music, so just ask for what you want, there's also internet access if you want it. Very popular place with many repeat guests.
http://www.yriacafe.gr/?q=node/552
nice one athensfan thanks,we'll check it out. Do you know if a place called Enigma is still there?

Are you living in Greece at present,if so i'm back in the UK for a bit and it's hot as hell(by english standards!)at the moment,supposedly better than Athens...
We've had some great weather (unseasonally hot during the day), went on a road trip last week, got sunburnt & very hot climbing up Monemvasia, but it changed to cool & rainy on Saturday night. As usual, not for long, we have the sun back now!
Tried 3 times now to join that alykes site and each time i've been knocked back due to anti-spamming controls,even tried emailing admin but to no avail so not gonna try again!

Do you mean Buca bar?

can you remember where was lively at night?

Mmmm.... not sure why you had problems getting on that site.
Anyway, no not Buca bar it is called Baco Beach bar.
Yes Enigma is still there (well according to the website you can't get on anyway)
If you keep walking past Baco, on the other side of the road, there is a club near the salt flats and opposite a coffe shop if you fancy a bit of a boogie!
Other bars to try are Paparo which is also on the beach. Iris bar: They usually have lots of quiz nights with prizes on offer for the brainy ones. I think this bar is English owned.
Bucca Bar site: - http://www.bucabar.gr/
For a good meal try Paradosiako Taverna. Its at the Alykanas end of Alykes. It is very popular, so if you passing during the day, think about booking a table for the evening. Paradosiako site:-http://www.paradosiako.com.gr/
baco beach bar,that's it!

Thanks for the response :cheers
What kind of prices are we looking at when staying in Alykes, as we normally go to Cyprus but fancy a change and it has been years since we were last in Zante. Roughly how much is a big bottle of Mythos we pay about 3euro and a steak meal normally averages about 20-25euro per person in Cyprus at the moment! Not sure if it is more expensive due to all the euro problems everyone is having at the moment!
Thanks in advance Lindsay.
large mythos was around 3euro,not sure about steak as i wont order it in greece,they dont have it the way we do,i live in greece and i cant find a 'proper' steak anywhere,but as an example 4 of us were there and we were having a big salad between us with bread,pita,tzatziki,a starter each and a proper meat main course(4 big lads),with 2 big bottles of water for the table and a beer eaxch and the bill never came to more than 55-60 euros for the lot,really cheap at 15euros a head for a meal that would probably feed 6 people!

The beach bar i was looking for in above posts was paporo,best bar on the beach by far,and the best bar we found at night was Spikey's place.

restaurant wise we went in Asteria,ponderosa,zorba's,relax and paradosiako,food in paradosiako was by far the best and it's where the locals go,but it was quite cramped,ponderosa was probably the best all round.

Alykes has quite a few bars but seems saturated with restaurants more than anything,for a better night out get a taxi to tsilivi and ask to be dropped off either by mcdonalds and have a wander around or head straight for planet pub,and adfter that head along to two brothers and molly malones(not the one by the mini golf,the main one with the 'club' inside).taxi was 17 euros each way and takes about 15-20 mins
thanks for that! we will be taking our 2 boys 1+4yrs along with my parents so looking for quiet holiday anyway really. We got married in Tsilivi in 2003 so we may do a day trip if we get a chance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.