Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Hi Tangobunny!

I suggest you look at the websitehttp://www.schiphol.nl, which can be viewed in English. This will give you a lot of help in relation to your transfer from the airport to Amsterdam Centraal Station, which is certainly the least hassle and the quickest way to get downtown!
Thanks Alsa
I knew someone with some sense would answer me.....as I have none.....well OH says I dont so it must be true
We can go one better.....

go to http://www.ns.nl and click English

When the page reloads click the white tab PlannerPlus over the Train Planner box

Click the blue arrow on the From selection box and select Airport from near the bottom of the list (the one at the top seems to be a mistake). In the To box select Address. Click Next Step.

In the Airport box select Amsterdam and then complete the address of your hotel. Complete your arrival date and a time about 45 minutes after your plane should arrive. Click Next Step here and again when it reloads.

It gives you the train schedule and a walking time to the address, now click Show Map at the bottom, it will give you a map of the route from the station to the hotel.

There is an alternative system at http://www.9292ov.nl/9292ov1.asp but you need to know a few words of Dutch and be confident of using multiple modes of transport (with your luggage) as it will find you the route with minimum walking by using trams and buses as well as trains.
the train certainly is the easiest way to get to your hotel, shipol trainstation infomation is available all over the station and train times are very clear, the people who work the the ticket officies will tell you anything you want to know. When you want to know where your stop is the best way in my experience is just to ask a local on the train who in the past i have found to be very friendly and helpfull.
The tram terminus is also just outside Centraal Station in the city where you get trams to all parts of the city if your hotel is not located within easy walking distance of the Centraal Station area. You can also buy daily/2 days/3 day tickets etc and remember to punch the ticket through the machine to activate. Buy your tickets on the tram at the rear (ticket booth on tram). If in doubt just ask what tram is needed to your destination. Staff are generally very friendly and speak English well.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.