EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
My second year quotes were withing €10 between the two you mentioned. I went with Seguros
Hi there,

You could try this company though not sure if that cover Tenerife http://www.abbeygateinsurance.com/ mine keep going down each year.
Hi
Thank you both for coming back to me ... I'm glad to report that Abbeygate did quote for Tenerife and it was lower than Seguros (and all in English!) ... not that much lower at 610 euros with a higher excess of 400 ... but an awful lot lower than Linea Directa, who today confirmed they were still looking for 1,181 for the second year, but would match any quote I could give them proof of ... I even had to put up with a "lecture" from the rep. today on how they were the lowest insurance agents in Spain ... blah, blah, blah
So residents of Spain & her islands, if you use Linea Directa, may I humbly suggest that you seek quotes from Seguros if your Spanish is up to it, and from Abbeygate if not.
Thanks again ... yet more proof of what a great forum Holiday Truths is for us all
Doreen :)
I was talking to a rep from Seguros Bilbao a couple of months ago and she did let slip that my insurance would be cheaper if I were Spanish - about 20% cheaper. I don't think that she meant to tell me but I was having a moan about the rip-off cost of insurance in Spain (and the fact that the British are statistically the safest drivers in the world).

I mentioned this to Linea Directa and they hotly denied anything similar, but I would think that it's common policy for all insurance companies in Spain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.