General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi .I've got coloured hair too,dark with blonde highlights,the only way to stop it fading if it's dark or lightening if it's blonde is to cover it really.I use the Avon spray too but not sure how good it is.I'll ask my hairdresser on Thursday if she has any tips.
I'm dark, and go darker for holidays (love it dark with a tan!) but by time I get back from my holidays it always seems to have gone a gingery/light browny colour.

I was at hairdressers this week and she did suggest a leave in conditioner with sun protection in? Will have to hunt around, I sooooo don't suit hats!!
I've fair hair with lighter highlights. It does tend to go strawberryish at times. When I go on hols I wear a hat during the day and also use hair protection spray. I shampoo each evening with a shampoo especially for blondes (can get specialized ones for any colour)and use a conditioner that takes away residue left by chlorine and sun. This routine usually works well.
Last year I bought Charles Worthington shampoo and conditioner with me and have been using it since,there is one especially for brunettes,I believe,it is also available in travel size,probably not big enough for a fortnight but we're going to a party in Spain,4 days so should be plenty Hope this helps.T.
I believe,it is also available in travel size

Asda sell them :wink
Kath x
I have had my hair be a completely different colour when I've got home before now! I've used Kerastaste products especially for sun before now but to be honest I got the same results by buying a cheap conditioner and slapping that all over my hair during the day.

I now tend to have highlights in my hair a month or so before going on holidays so that I am 'working with' the sun if you like. Then I tend to be darker in the winter. I too like it dark but if I fancy being dark with a tan I have it done when I get back not before I go.

So that's my advice - change your hair to suit the seasons. And don't have your hair coloured before you go away unless it's blond, leave it til you get back. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.