EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I don't live in Cyprus, so can't help with the practical things you have asked, but your post caught my eye with regards to education abroad.

I moved to Lanzarote 13 years ago with two young children, having let my house in UK too. IMO you should not even think of putting the children into British schools there. If you really intend to settle in a foreign country, with children, then put them straight into the local system. Young children make friends with everyone, you only have to look at beaches abroad anywhere and see kids playing with each other regardless of language!!!!!!!

Yes, it will be scary at first for the 6 yr old, and expect some tears, but then so will the move be, but within six months of total immersion in a foreign language, you will have a bilingual child! Just think how beneficial that will be as he/she gets older!! The younger one will find it even more easy to integrate.

You may not agree with me, but please give it some thought! :D
Let me know which part of Cyprus you are moving to and I may be able to help as I am living in Paphos! an have done now for 5yrs
Hiya,

We were prob looking at Paphos ourselves.

Any help would be really great.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.