Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
The three theme park hotels are of a good standard, very family friendly, plus you get free park entry every day. Only do Half Board though. We've done the Port Aventura and the Caribe and both were good. PA wins it on location, right next to the park though.
I stayed in the other one, the El Paso last summer. Also very good. It's 4* and half-board (buffets) but you can dine around to the other 2 hotels for a change. Also theme park entry is included in the price so when you price it up and it seems a bit more expensive than other hotels in Salou, remember you could be saving up to 200pounds on park tickets if there are 4 of you, as you have paid up front. Also you get unlimited access and fast pass. :D
Thank you for your replies.
Are there age or height restrictions that apply to roller coaster rides etc and other rides if so what are they does anyone know.

Thank you
yes they are very strict on heights,they have a metal pole thing that measures heights which is a good thing,you wouldnt want a kiddie to slip out of a ride.remember the park is owned by universal studios in america so health and safety is a big priority.having said that my 4 year old went on tomahawk a mini rollercoaster the height restriction was 1 metre,and compared to this country it was pretty bad,put it this way it was an experience he will never forgett.i think the highest restriction is 1metre 4.,for the biggest rides,my 11 year old was able to go on everything,and my 9 year old nearly,hope this helps mo
My ten year old who is a bit small for his age could go on everything. You have to use your own judgement a bit too. First time on Dragon Khan they let him on no probs, the second time (different person with the measurer!) they said no. He must have been borderline. He then said he had been on before and they let him on anyway. :roll: I then spent all my time worrying incase he fell out of it the second time. They obviously have height restrictions for a reason!

He was big enough for the huge drop thing (can't remember it's name) which looked even worse, but was so terrified after having been on it once, didn't want to go on it again.

Dont think there are age restrictions only height ones so a tall 8 year old could go on something a small 10 year old couldn't. Also I think on some rides an adult must go on with children. Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.