Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi samantha . unfortunately you wont find much selection of a/I hotels in or within walking distance of naama bay . most of them are along the coast rd that stretches for miles .
Although having said that Im sure either the sonesta club or beach has recently gone A/i .Derwentrocker( michelle) would be able to help you with that as she is always there ;) .hopefully she will see this post.

your other option if you want A/I is to maybe look at the hotels in the Ras um sid area of sharm . there are some A/Is that may be within walking distance of old sharm although not sure how pleasant a walk it would be . Maybe fanara club . have a look at this map .http://sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_lewa_engl.html

another option would be to have a look at El gouna instead of sharm . there are some good quality a/is there and there is apparently a nice liitle town and marina I think . not been but El gouna is getting good reports from other HTers ;)
Yes, Lyn is giving good advice, the only hotel in Namma Bay which seems to have just gone AI is the Sonesta Beach Resort, which is well located, all the other hotels there tend to be B&B so that people can take advantage of all the bars, cafes, restaurants and shops that are available.

Most of the AI hotels are at Sharks Bay, Nabq Bay etc and you would need to get a shuttle or taxi to and from Namma Bay.

There are a couple of AI's at Ras um el Sid, the Iberotel Club Fanara and I beleive the Hotel Reef Oasis Beach (not to be confused with the Reef Oasis Blue Bay which is new and in a different location altogether) but there are also quite a few B&B hotels like the Hilton Waterfalls and Rennaisance Golden View Beach Resort so check descriptions carefully to make sure you get AI if that's what you want.

Doe :sun2
Hi the Halomy is all inclusive in Naama Bay as well as Tropitel Naama bay ( near to Hard Rock ), Jaz Lido now does all inclusive, Sharm Cliff, Royal Plaza. Tropicana Garden Palms is on the outskirts.
thats a great help thankyou i will have a look at some of these. I actually dont mind not being a1 but would like lots of entertainment for my youngest
Hi the entertainment in most hotels is pretty low key. The Holiday Village and Coral Sea resort would be a better bet for entertaining the children day and night. These are in Nabq and there are a couple of new shopping malls called La Strada and Al Khan and the Jasmine centre. You will find a selection of bars, restaurants and shops. The Park Inn Hotel down the road also has a waterpark. There is Aquablu - part of pickalbatros in Hadaba. Some hotels have a couple of waterslides - see Jolie Vile Golf as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.