General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Going to Oxford on the Friday to see my sister (who hasn't been very well) and my mum (who has been there looking after her). It's my mum 80th birthday so a BIG celebration is in order. Hubby and I are staying until Sunday, my eldest son and GF are staying until Monday, whilst my middle son is driving there and back in the one day (with 4 kiddies too !!) Various other relatives are coming and going over the weekend, really looking forward to it!

Denny
Its my birthday that week end so God knows where I will end up but I do know there will be :cheers :cheers all weekend colleen
Working as per usual, good ole double time, but can't moan I'm going to France this Saturday for the day.
Been trying to get a weekend sorted on Tesco vouchers with no success. Everywhere I tried was all out of Tesco allocation rooms. I thought I'd be more flexible and try for any weekend in June but no luck there either and I tried 4 different hotels. Lokks like I'll be stuck at home for some time yet :(
I did think about using some of my tesco vouchers too . Fancied one I saw in Ross on wyre but looks like we will be out of luck if you've tried using your shirley .

I do have enough Hilton honors points for 1 night somewhere . Maybe I will use them but would prefer to wait for enough for 2 nights which i'm not far off .
Hi Lyn, The hotels I tried were part of the Old English Inn chain. They were The Royal, Ross on Wye, Ye Old Talbort, Worcester, The Bell, Tewksbury and Cross hands hotel, old Sodbury. I was told June was very popular because of weddings. Although there was availability showing on the website, as soon as I phoned and told them I'd be paying using Tesco rewards there was no room :( Makes me wonder if it's worth collecting them with so little choice on offer. This is only the second time I've tried using them. I had no probs the first time but i think that was because we stayed in a not so popular area, with nothing of interest around.

:whoops :offtop maybe the mods will want to move this to the tesco vouchers section.
Yes the Royal was the one I looked at . Not the most fantastic reviews though but beggars can't be choosers. Maybe you would have more luck with a marriot or hilton .My nephew has used from for Marriotts with no problems .
Probably going to Bedford for 1 or 2 nights for the inter counties athletics meeting :) I can think of worse things to be doing!
I will be back in my home town! Cyprus!
Gulping *oOps! i mean sipping* down the keo's!
:cheers
xxx
Been looking for a cheap deal over Spring Bank and found a couple of good ones to Turkey but our local football team are playing at Wembley on the
30th May so it looks like a day at Wembley or watching it on tv at home cos my OH and son refuse to miss the match :(.
My mum and dad are going away for the weekend.

I'm being lumbered with the task of making sure my brother doesn't have any parties which I am none to happy about. :duh :cry

Helen
What Bank Holiday :think

We had our Whitsuntide holiday last Monday :D

xx lassi
I'm being lumbered with the task of making sure my brother doesn't have any parties which I am none to happy about

spoilsport. :rofl

It is a right of passage that kids have parties while parents are away. Both ours did it and I definitely did it!

We are not going away as such..but we are having 2 days out..one will be diving in a quarry somewhere and the other will just be a day out probably in the Peaks walking..
My two had a joint party one year while I was away - but to be fair to Marlou, she packed all my Royal Doulton dolls away - and she probably did most of the cleaning up as well!! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.