General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Nectar/Flying Blue/BA Executive club for me mostly. Oh and Clubcard and Boots.
I have done Nectar for years saved hundreds and bought the christmas presents all from Argos, also have a boots card and do the same. Because i buy my holidays from co operative travel, i get offers off and shares with the co op twice a year. Anything that has co op in it you can use it. Money goes into your bank account.
Also started with the app "shop and save", got a free 100g nescafe from my local shop and offers off other items. The app is only available for iphones, and smart phones i think.
Seems like many of us on here are into various kinds of loyalty schemes, with some being ,oreopular than others. Great that people have found ones that work for them.

Doe :sun2
I feel as though I'm missing out as I don't bother with any of the schemes apart from my Tesco Clubcard :lol: :sulk
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I feel as though I'm missing out as I don't bother with any of the schemes apart from my Tesco Clubcard :lol:
:sulk

It's not a bad one though as loyalty scemes go. It was much better when it was 4x value though. :( Had some good deals from it then.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I feel as though I'm missing out as I don't bother with any of the schemes apart from my Tesco Clubcard :lol:
:sulk

You could be flying the world first class Glynis :rofl well i think you could, I havent quite cracked that bit as cant afford Platinum AMEX - but i live in hope. :D

:rofl Chris you dont need to be rolling in it to have an amex (American express) platinum card, even I have one so that should tell you something :rofl .Mine is the cashback version rather than the airmiles though .
:rofl Trust me to get it all wrong I thought they cost £450 a year, I seem to be completely misinformed about everything.

No wonder I am still flying about hanging on to the wing of an easyjet plane eating my own sarnies :rofl & drinking lambrini Lyn, when I could be hobnobing with you in first class on the hobnobs and the krug :tup

xxx
I don't have the platinum card. I have the premium plus one.I wouldn't spend £450 on the platinum card- even those who travel for a living don't all want to spend that amount as its not worthwhile for most
Yes it's a bit too expensive for me even though it's supposed to come with lots of benefits I have the gold which is free for the first year and you have the option to cancel at 11 months.

Doe
yes I had gold which I got through a great quidco promotion. I got rid of it once I got my money back and the bonus miles :)
Hmm I don't pay any fee on mine :think . Are we talking about the platinum credit card which I have or the traditional type of Amex charge card ,
here are all the cards.
I don't pay the full fee for premium plus as I've had it for ages and so just pay £60 I think it is
Just checked. This is the one I have as it was always recommended by martin lewis as the best cashback card . not sure if it is now though . It does say £25 annual fee but I've never been charged it ,well not yet anyway and I've had it for years.

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/content/platinum-cashback-credit-card/

Nope won't let me post the direct link but it's the 3rd one down, platinum cashback credit card
Fiona wrote:
yes I had gold which I got through a great quidco promotion. I got rid of it once I got my money back and the bonus miles :)

Hi Fi, I have taken it out for the initial 22,000 bonus miles (I was recommended so I think you get more than when you apply cold) but will get rid when I have met the spend I think, incase another juicy introductorynoffer comes up on something else.

You must have had your plat for ages as a £60 fee is brilliant as the free travel insurance and airport lounge access must be worth that on itself.

Perhaps yours is slightly different Lyn :think Or maybe it is the same but cash back rather than miles which can be a good deal in itself.

Have you done it yet chris ?? They are giving cashback on quidco .
I was recommended as I figured that 2000 extra miles was worth more than the £10 quidco gives back on the gold. I think it gives £85 back on the Platinum - but I am too cheap for the plat. :rofl

I guess it depends on what kind of value you put on one AVIOS, I guess they are worth maybe 1p or 0.75p so the miles are worth say £20 against the £10 from quidco.

Also my quidco never seems to track :banghead: even when I do remember it then I never remember to raise a query. I am just so not good at quidco.
:rofl Tut Tut £25 cashback on the gold card Chris but yes unfortunately only 20,000 points.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.