DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
In December I booked a holiday through travel republic for 11 18 year olds to kavos. The acomodation was booked through the provider you travel, offering us one of the lowest prices around. This was fine until 3 weeks before we were due to go you travel broke the partnership with the hotel, leaving us with NO ACOMODATION. It turns out, you travel had over booked many of their acomodation, leaving hundreds of people who no acomodation. I WOULD NEVER HAVE DEALINGS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. They did offer us alternative acomodation however this was sub standard. However travel republic delt with the situation in the best possible way and I have no complaints about travel republic, just you travel. BE AWARE.
Used Once and NEVER AGAIN!!!! Booked a family package holiday to be told later that On The Beach don't sell package holidays. They used "You Travel" and by the time we found this out it was too late. We had problems & complaints from day one with our so called 5 star accommodation. Not enough beds in the room for a start. Cracked tiles. Dirty walls. Rude Reception staff. Disgusting food causing my family of four to all suffer from severe gastro pain, sickness and diarrhoea. Two of us ended up spending days in the clinic (which was conveniently within the hotel! I wonder why that is?!!) Injections galore for my 9 year old Son & I and both of us being put on drips. All Inclusive but couldn't eat or drink a thing - great fun! When we arrived home I went to my own doctor as I was still feeling dreadful. They did full tests and I soon discovered I was suffering from Salmonella Poisoning. I'd no sooner got over this (which was horrendous) when I had to visit the doctors again with severe itching from head to toes. I was then diagnosed with Scabies (also picked up from the 5 Star Hotel). All in all a holiday from hell followed by months of health issues. AVOID "YOU TRAVEL" WITH A PASSION. Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.