Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
This site needs renovation rapid, as you say Pippa it.s a great shame for such a structure to be demolished but it seems developers prefer to knock down and rebuild than update whatever the project, at the moment it ruins a great sea view for the whole area.
I have to say what is the point of rebuilding this hotel :que I remember walking up to see Fort St Thomas one day after a visit to Marsascala, the hotel was across the road from it and was in a run down way then.
I have said this before and I think them who have the power that be in Malta will do the same thing again if they do rebuild this hotel. It will be fine for a few years because people will always go to a new hotel, but will they go back? when they see that is a good old walk to find a bar or restaurant in Marsascala, or try to go and see other sites. I think this is what happend to the Jerma Palace nice hotel, but like a lot of Malta hotels to far from anything.

Dave :think
I think I tend to agree with you. The Jerma Palace was a lovely place to be if you didn't want to walk to any bars etc. If a peaceful hotel away from loads of high rise buildings was what you wanted and you didn't mind the fact that you would need a bus or taxi to get anywhere then it fitted the bill perfectly.

Perhaps they should just demolish it and take the area back to what it before the hotel was built.

If the Jerma Palace couldn't survive then I doubt another hotel will be able to - particularly if the number of tourists to Malta is going down.

Pippa
I think that the whole of Marsascala should be given a revamp. It's been neglected for far too long. Perhaps if the new hotel has a couple of good restaurants and excellent facilities, the long walk to the restaurants won't be such an issue. Also, if it has good restaurants the locals will go there. They just need to have a good product and market it effectively ... hotels are not just for holiday makers, there's weekend breaks for the locals, conferences, etc. They need to do their research and draft a proper plan. (honestly, I think that the Tourism Industry in Malta is in urgent need of an effective business/marketing plan ... sadly I don't think that the people in power really know what that means ... but that's another story).

Also, if it's going to be a five star hotel, then it won't have any competition in Marsascala, so that's a plus.

The fact that it is in a quiet area is certainly attractive to those who want to escape the crowds. I used to live in Zejtun (which is just a few minutes away from Marsascala by car) and I used to love driving there and walk along the promenade in the mornings. It's so peaceful there.
Hi Marica, I agree with you about Marsascala, whilst it's still quite a nice place it is showing signs of neglect, yet it could all be so very different with a bit of carefull thinking and general tidying up.
wow i remember visiting this hotel when i was around 13/14. didnt know it was in this state, hopefully this new hotel will be just as good, or better
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.