Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have you tried the Bonjour - virtually next door to the Lighthouse, so ideally situated, and although it's a hotel, they do have a couple of apartments, which are absolutely fabulous. We've stayed in the hotel and are going back again in May, but we were shown round the apartments and would definitely book them if we were going as a family (it's just hubby and I in May). The only downside is that they do get booked up very quickly, but it might be worth trying - you could strike it lucky depending on when you want to go. I booked through Icmeler Online, and I'm sure they would be able to suggest suitable alternatives if the Bonjour isn't available when you're planning to travel.
Have a look at the Prince Apartment went stayed there 2 years ago have been going to icmemler since the 98 these are very good think they would suit what you require.Cheers
Blondie - The Bonjour looks gorgeous and I looked at these on ICR website but I thought they only had two bed apartments?? - too big (and expensive probably) for just two people.

ell20 - A friend of mine stayed at the Prince a few years ago when they were bookable through TC I think and I was impressed - do you know which tour operators do them now??

Thanks both and hopefully the recommendations will keep coming!!! :tup
Hi scots - yes, the apartments at the Bonjour are all two-bedrooms, didn't realise it was just for the two of you!
We've also previously stayed at the Iguana apartments - just across the square, beside the ICR offices - and they were also very nice as well. They have one-bedroomed apartments as well as two-bed.
Thanks Blondie - should have mentioned that it was just for two.

The Iguana apartments are not an option either unfortunately - they are no longer being offered as holiday apartments, only for sale or long-term rent (maybe due to Scotia bar being demolished???)

ah well - didn't think it would be easy - let the search continue!!
Ahh, had heard rumours that the Iguana might not be available for holiday rents this season, but didn't know it was actually the case. Thanks for that info! Have heard a few good reports about the Uysal apartments - they're practically next door to the Iguana as you go down the road which takes you to the beach - think they've got their own website, so if you do a search you should find them. The Prince apartments certainly seem to get some good reviews too though, although I don't personally know anyone who has stayed there. Good luck with your search and hope you have a fab holiday wherever you end up!
Think you may struggle to find somewhere that ticks all your boxes. The Faber Apartments were renovated about 3/4 years ago and offer good quality modern accomodation. We stayed there last year and are returning to the same accomodation again this year. Only problem is they're probably a bit far out for your liking.

http://www.faberapart.com/Default.asp?

They are located at the 'front' of the old village so although not as central as you'd like they're only about a three minute walk to the main road with Tansas, Three Bells etc on. Theres also a good few restaurants close by like The Wayside and Ozzys
http://www.uysalapart.com/

Central, just off the main square opposite Harrys Steakhouse.
Transfare avaliable.
Yes, Gene - those are the ones I was thinking of. I'm sure scots will find that link useful.
Never stayed there but the FABER apartments look to very classy. They are in the old village but only about a 5/10 minute stroll from Tansas. I have passed these on many occassions and know a few people who have stayed there and the reviews are excellent. Refurbished about 4 years ago to a high standard

Stewart
We had a look around the Ayra apartments last October and were very impressed with them.
They are situated along from the Florida restaurant next door to the park and the Nazar cafe.
We were told they were available with Holidays4U but if you booked direct you could choose your apartment.
This year,I have also booked the Arya apts,close to the Florida restaurant,we booked ours with travelrepublic.Last year we stayed at the Kurt apts in the old village,just over 5 min walk from the Tansas,these are really nice,but are only available direct from the owner,and a lot pricier than the agent we booked with last year.
Thanks everyone for you help so far. Ok, so I'm planning on paying a visit to TC at the weekend to enquire about the Prince apartments. Can't seem to find them on the website as an apartment only booking, so think if I wanted to go with them I would have to book a package deal, which I don't normally do.

The Faber apartments look amazing - but just can't seem to place them. I'm ashamed to say that in all the years I've been to Icmeler I clearly haven't ventured far. When I go this year, I'll be walking EVERYWHERE so that I'm not in this predicament again!!!

Could someone give me directions from say the Pop Inn or the 3 Bells?? I imagine you would get to them from one of these directions.....

I've also come across the Babadan and the Sun Blue apartments....could anyone advise what these are like?? Looking at a map they also look fairly central?? Can anyone help with the location of these as well??

Thanks again :)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=36.801742,28.228254&spn=0.013195,0.021887&t=h&z=16&msid=116460605658850926364.0004532fefd8e86a260a2

Click on the link above.
Scroll down the page and on the left you will see names of Bars Restaurents Hotels and apartments,click on the one you want.

Gene
I have booked the Arya for May, this can been booked with the owners direct, really impressed with them
There is a small road between the Three Bells and what used to be Noels. This road leads up to where the Faber is situated as you'll see from the link Gene has provided. Its about a 3 minute walk from the main road.
Steve, thats great. That definately seems to be a good short cut! from what I can make out on the map the apartments seem a lot further back than that, although my map reading isn't the best!!!

The road that I think you mean......does it take you past a private housing/apartment complex almost on a sort of dirt track???
OK a disappointing trip to TC this weekend for me! Prince apartments are fully booked for when I want to travel :(

Need to choose quickly I reckon or all the best places will be gone!!!

Think I've narrowed it down to 3 now - Arya, Faber or Sun Blue.

After reading reviews on the Arya and the Sun Blue there are a lot of people talking about old blocks and new blocks. Can anyone shed any light? Don't fancy booking and being put in older accommodation when there are nice newly renovated rooms? Or maybe all the refurb has now been complete?

I think either of these would be better location-wise for me as opposed to the Faber, but I just want to be sure that I am choosing the right place. Going for 3 weeks this time, so don't want to be staying somewhere I hate! Still think Faber looks the nicest but the location isn't perfect.

Would welcome everyones thoughts - the advice on here is invaluable!! :sun2
I think it tends to be the case at most places that some rooms are better than others. For example, I know that the rooms on the 4th floor at The Faber are not as good as those on the first three floors.

Why not book the Ayra or Sun Blue and then if you find out later in the year from people who have already visited that there are still 'old' and 'new' rooms, e-mail the hotel a week or so before your arrival to ask for one of the better rooms.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.