Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi you can find my report in the old forum we did not find the steps a problem and are not spring chickens (54) it could be a bit of a struggle with young children or pushchairs but as the hotel doesn't take children this shouldn't be a problem there is a free hotel bus anyway up and down enjoy your holiday regards Gill
Bittygirl ... you can read our reviews on this property here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/arenal-d-en-castell/castell-playa-fiesta-hotel/

Gill ... I think we have brought your review over to that page from the old site too, but you may like to double check for us.

Many thanks
David :wave
Sorry David never thought to check yes my review is there regards Gill
I would say it is quite a walk on the way back, all up hill!!! As your hotel in on a hill!!!

It would probable take 10-15 mins to walk. But there is a little resort train you could use if it was that bad.

Everything in this resort shuts at 12. It is only a very little village with one main road going through it, there are only 2 hotels and the rest of the village is made up of self catering units either villas, apartments or bungalows. You will probably overlook most of the village from your hotel while gazing at the sunset.

For a good meal, I would recommend Kanes, it is just past a ravine going towards the left hand end of the horseshoe bay from your hotel.

If you have transport, have a visit to Fornells, there are fantastic seafood restaurants along the promenade. But dont come back too late as the road is not a very good one in the dark!!

Or Cuitadella, along the harbour there are some more very nice restaurants. But to get down to the harbour there are lots of steps or a slope to manage.
Thanks for your help. This is a great site, very helpfull.

I went to Cala Galdana last July, so maybe I can help others on this site as you are helping me.

Any music anywhere in resort, besides Gold entertainment at hotel?
I stayed at this hotel last June and loved it! You'll have a great time!

There is a bus that goes from the hotel to the beach (every hour I think it is) so you can dodge the walk if you wish! But if you are ok on your feet I think you'll be fine - although the walk back to the hotel from the beach can be a little tiring in the heat - I used to reward myself with a dip in the lovely pool!!! :)
We went to the Aguamarina a few years back and there were disco's in local bars, karaoke, irish them pubs etc...
I am thinking of going to the Hotel Fiesta Castell Playa at the end of October. As this will be the last week of the season can anyone advise if the resort will be dead or will there still be shops, bars, etc. still open. Also any idea what sort of weather to expect.
We stopped in Arenal D'Castell years ago and it wasn't the busiest of places then. Shops, Cafes, Bars etc all around but plenty of peaceful beaches and little walks to go on...
My husband and I (50 ish) are going to Menorca in September for the first time and are wondering if anyone can tell us of places to visit,we are staying at Arenel d'en Castell, thanks :lol:
The resort really starts to wind down at the end of september, its quiet at the best of times (which is why we love it) and the last time we visited was the first week oct last year, the Irish bar was srill lively and most of the restraunts were still open however Coves Noves was totally closed down apart from the pirate bar.
Weather would be touch and go at end of October but you may get lucky. Either way Arenall is beautiful and Menorca is a very special place to take a break.
Hi :D

Have a read through this thread to give you some ideas...

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9258

The pics don't work as I deleted them by mistake from my webspace a few months ago :roll: :roll: but they're all spread out somewhere in the Menorca album ...

CLICK HERE

Philippa
:D
Thank you gixer and pippy for your replies. Your diary has given us a lot of ideas Pippy what a good posting that was :tup Menorca sounds just what we are looking for
thanks again
Londongirl :lol:
Menorca is beautiful, we all fell in love with the island straight away :D

Have a great time!

Philippa :D
Hi

Eat at the Sa Gavina, next to the Irish pub. The food is fab and so is the view over the sea.

Kirren 8)
hi
me and my mum have gone to aranel for years and each time love the place more and more.
for somewhere to eat try the good bridge cafe located on the bend or the el mirada which is situated just next to the supermarket.
everythings pretty easy to find and theres plenty of places to discover if you look.
the irish pub is a definate to visit as the music goes on all night and slowly turns from irish folk to more of a dance atmosphere for the younger crowds which mill around!- mainly people who have holidayed and met up with people who they have known from years back who also holiday there
enjoy your holiday :D
We've been going to Menorca for years now..where do I start. Firstly you must hire a car to see the island properly. Basically the south of the island is flat and rocky with a mixture of sandy coves and the two longer beaches of Son Bou and Santo Tomas. Santa Galdana is pleasant if you don't mind too many people. The north of the island where you are going is more scenic and greener with lots of sweet smelling pine trees. The nearest place to visit from Arenal is Na Macarat which is a tiny fishing village with a small beach and three restaurants. There's not much there but its just a nice place basically with fantastic views out to sea. One of the best beaches on the island for families is at Son Saura (Son Parc) which is back out to the north coast road and turn right and then right again after about a mile. Also some good restaurants there..try Hallisys on the top rear balcony above the shops on the parade of shops.

Mahon is worth a visit. If you can manage to park at the harbour there are some steps going up to the shops and cathedral. My favourite beach is near to here...Mesquida. When you get to the roundabout by the harbour go straight on and then left. Then follow the signs to Mesquida. It has lovely soft sand and if you get there early enough you may well be the only people there. Don't go at weekends though as the locals use it.

Fornells on the north coast is a must ..again afishing village with shops and restaurants..lovely in the evenings..you can also hire windsurfers and dinghys there.

In the centre of the island is Mont Toro the highest point ..great views.

Other threads cover the rest of the island for you I think. Hopefully we will be out there in July . Happy holidays
great info, thanks.
we just got back early hours sunday morning,the fiesta is a lovely hotel,only qualm we had was the hotel stunk of sewage.We was reasured it was a minor problem on the first day of our holiday.but guests who were just leaving said they had been there two weeks and was smelly when they first arrived.good resort though,loved the hills.wife lost half a stone.All bars are reasonably priced except the IRISH bar,me and wife were charged 9euros 20cents for large beer and vodka coke every were else around 7euros.BUT SAYING THAT we did over hear one of the bar staff say to her co worker you dont know how to boost your tips yet do you.regards.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.