Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Arenal
8 Posts
Hi Cath,
I live in Playa de Palma, just in between Arenal and Ca'n Pastilla - and it's a glorious day today - 82degrees outside !!!
Arenal is not as English as it used to be, it's more German now, but there's still the fab beach, nearly 5km long, along with loads of shops, bars & restaurants on the promenade and the back streets. There's still a lively market in Arenal on a Thursday morning, and of course you have Palma on the doorstep, with buses running every 8 mins. Anything else - just ask !
Hi hollypmi

Hope you dont mind me posting to you but we are off to Playa De Palma on Monday staying at the Riu Playa Park. I was wondering if you could tell me if there are any nice walks for after our evening meal (walk - puschair - 2yr old asleep - HOPEFULLY :D )!!!

Is it quite a nice walk along the seafront ie well lit etc - are we likely to come across the odd bar still open at this time of year???

82 degrees?????? I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

Thanks loads
msc
Hi Holly

Thanks you for your reply, very helpful, and I'm very jealous its about 52 degrees outside today and damp! I've booked our mini break we arrive 31st August next year and have booked into the Palma Mazas/Emperador - Star Hotel, which I understand from all the reviews is a very basic hotel but clean and friendly, It was an absolute bargain price, works out at £9.90 each per night half board! Really looking forward to it always go to Tenerife for our hols so will make a nice change to go somewhere else and a lot shorter flight. Thanks again for your reply, enjoy your lovely sunshine :sun
Oooh wish I was in Majorca (should have been but couldn't persuade my friend :cry: ). Re Arenal. I stayed there in 1970 :shock: . Bet it's changed a lot since then. We stayed at the Hotel Antigona. Anyone know if its still there :D
I stayed in Arenal in 1974 in the Arenal Park hotel. My first stay in Majorca and I must admit I fell in love with the place . Does anyone know if the Arenal Park is still there ? Should have been there this week in Cala Bona but owing to illness I had to cancel :cry:
Hi Serena. We should have been in Sa Coma last week but it wasn't meant to be :cry: . Really fed up cos temps were in the 80's I believe.
No feedback on Arenal yet!! Gx
Hi Pargaluvva, sorry you didn't get there either , unlucky us :( I have asked about the Arenal Park once before but I thik it must be long gone, pity, it was a nice hotel when I was there. Think I'm gonna think twice about booking Majorca for October again as had to cancel last year in Alcudia, again because of illness :( . Bet the insurance company loves me :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.