Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Don't know about ATMs where you are staying, but we were bitten to distraction in May, even OH who is not usually bothered. We were left some antihistamine gel from a chemist which was quite good. It may have been bad because it was fairly wet when we were there though, and we were surrounded by trees. I'm sure others will have more useful advice. :)
Hi, as per my other post - Mossies had no problem with the plug in or out and about - my daughter had a few bites but not itchy ones! There was an atm I think at the bank of Cyprus but someone was having trouble getting money out of it while were there! There was another bank not sure if there was an atm there or not. Would deffinately recomend the Mithos Taverna - Pizza restaurant for both Greek and Pizzas it is just past the Petrol station (you will see it) on the Chania side. Synaxis taverna up in the old village. Uncle Tom's (not very greek) but the food was excellent set like in a garden near the Olga Apartments. We never had a bad meal. Had Romeos recommend up a side street near the bank of Cyprus while we were there but did not get chance to get there - there was greek dancers on a Monday night that were meant to be very good. Hope this helps. Lesley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.