Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have only been in there once - and wasn`t too fussed on the food either - Why is it there is always one bar or restaurants that gives the area a bad name?
Hmmmm thanks for the warning... Will stay clear of that one then... If there's one thing I can't stand... and that's people rippin me off.... :evil:
Jess...
where is the majestic boys, i thought it was on the canal or am i getting mixed up with something else, i thought it was the first one you came to coming from main road end?
The one on the canal is just called Majestic. The other is Majestic Boys 2 (near Taj Mahal) - no. 1 being in Marmaris i believe.

Ive been going to Majestic Boys 2 for past couple years without problem though.... surely its not ALL the staff involved? Ive been Icmeler 3 times so far this season without incident and i know a couple of the staff have been there since the place opened, although there is a some new staff this season.

Perhaps our drinks are never on the table long enough to be whisked away :oops:

I think people should be careful anywhere with bills really, especially if you are drinking, i never used to take a lot of notice in the past (especially on holiday where we always have a "kitty") Id hate to think what ive "signed away" in the past!!! :whoops
we went last year to the one on the canal and the service was appalling ,so much so my husband walked off in disgust without even leaving a tip thats how bad it was

so we wont be going there again
cheers dodge
thanks for the heads up I am going in September, so I think I will give this one a miss :lol:
I get on very well with the old staff,but in May did have a couple of run ins with some new guys working the front,found them very ignorant most unlike most of the Turkish and Kurdish people you come accross.
Majestic Boys is underneath some of the Iguana apartments and we did have music being played at 5-30 am one morning from their restaurent.
Would not go in this place if it was the only restaurent selling food in Icmeler.

Gene
Is this anything to do with the International Majestic by the canal in Icmeler my daughter has just come back and the one they spent their last night in she thought was called this.
George
No George, the one on the canal I rate highly,they put on good food and entertainment.
The one being disscussed is near the square opposite the Black Sea Restaurent and at the side of the Uysal apartments.

Gene
thats one crossed off the list then,shall NOT be going to the majestic boys.hope nobody mistakes it for The Majestic restaurant on the canal,which is fantastic,great service,and fabulous food.
tis a shame i agree... i have never wanted to or had the need to complain about a bar in icmeler before...But this just got my back up....it was my 3rd time in icmeler and it wasnt the 1st time i have been in the Majestic Boys....Enjoy your holidays anyway!
Is this the bar next to a bag shop opposite Harrys Steak? if it is my hubby tried it a few times in June during the day the owner was a thin guy with glasses on who imitated everyones accents very well and pretended that he had been to lots of places in the UK. Hubby would have only had one or two drinks there on his way past so dont think he got ripped off one of the new waiters has worked in the 3 Bells for the past few years.
yes this is the exact location , we had a similar problem , poor service , did not want to bring the dessert course on the set menu , only had one meal there that was enough , dont deserve the business. DO NOT MISTAKE IT with the majestic on the canel opposite venice restaraunt which is good.
same problem at the barron bar big rip of shame to see icemeler going this way
Im goin this Friday.... anyone got anymore rip off bars to mention so we can steer clear... thanks
Jess...
Im makin note of good & bad...
Got back from Icmeler 2 weeks ago and spent most of our holiday in the Majestic Boys bar. They are the friendliest people to meet and the entertainment was great. Most of our hotel went there of a night as they had heard how good it was! Me and my boyfriend did not have any bother with them They did offer us the taxi to marmaris but we decided to get the bus as it is only about 70 pence. Most nights we went to the club with some of the guys in the bar and as they were known, we got in free and bought our drinks for the same price as they paid (Cheap nights out). I would advice anybody to go there as it is a lovely bar and the food we ate was great. The service was prompt and they gave us beer at a dicounted price! Do not be put off by what others say. Try it for yourself first!
hi, I`m very suprised to read about the horror stories at The Majestic Boys , me and my girlfriend were in Icmeler last month and ate there ever other night , The guy outside did our Stoke accents brilliantly and asked if we supported Stoke city or Port vale , so he knew a bit about the area , we also found the food and staff brilliant ( the best sunday dinners we`ve had in Turkey ) , we also found the waitors friendly, one even bought us a bottle of acibadem ( a georgous almond liquor ) on our last night .
I spent time in July in Icmeler and ate in the Majestic Boys every single night. The food was fabulous, the cocktails even better ( no glasses were ever taken from our table) the staff were really friendly and they took care of us brilliantly. On our last night they even decorated our table with balloons and flowers and Mehmet. the man out front, cooked us a traditional Turkish lamb dinner which was absolutely gorgeous.

I cant understand where all the negative comments have came from but as they say " each to their own". Why not try it for yourself and see what you think. What have you got to lose ????????????????????

I will certainly be eating there next year when we go back !!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.