Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa
209 Posts
Direct Holidays do great deals to cyprus and its all named accommodatin so you can see where you are going in the brochure before you decide. They are usually only released about 2 weeks before departure date. You are better off knowing where you are going as some of the accommodation allocated on arrival is not fit for anybody
Hi Cromwell

Yes you can get named accommodation as well as allocated on arrival, it's
just a case of trawling through all the last minutes :lol:

I'm not sure how they decide which way to sell them though. Sorry not
more help :lol:

Helenxx
Thanks Helen, more curious than anything. :wink:
Cromwell,

I recommend a DIY holiday, I've been going for 14 years to Ayia Napa and always DIY as I find it cheaper.....unless of course you book last minute on a AOA......bit dodgy given the huge difference of accom available in Napa.

There are direct flights to Cyprus at the mo for about £164 you can then pick up accom on the net booking direct with the hotels and apartments.

Ig that doesn't appeal try Olympic for last minute deals.....but research the accom offered as there accom really does go from the basic to the decent

Good luck
p.s. I'm off to Napa in September and I've been before in Sept and it's still busy but not packed and also not unbearably hot
Sorry

Duplication of info :oops:

Shirley :D
Were off to Cyprus on September the 11th staying on the Dakalia road just outside of Larnaca.

There will be six of us aged between 23 and 38 and we fancy going to Ayia Napa on a Saturday night whilst we are there.

The older ones of us are a little unsure weather the Ayia Napa scene will be right for us!!! Are the pubs good for all? What time should we aim to get there? We wont be going to any clubs that you have to pay a fortune to get into.
Dispite Ayia Napas media image. It's nothing like that at all.
It's quite a nice place. The bit that the media go on about, is just a small section of the town. And that does'nt start till getting on for 11:30 pm.
Honestly. It's very different, to the picture thats been painted of the place.

Now where's my old harbour pic... if I can find the link. :)
*Edit* Found it... :D
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/18918022198.jpg&s=x3

Look at all that luurrrvvvly sunshine. :roll:
Hi Marc-saint.
I am in my very late 50s and will also be travelling to Cyprus on the 11th (from Manchester) we will be staying at the Nissi Beach end of Ayia Napa. Go and try it you will be supprised.Its a great place.
Weve never stopped at Ayia Napa, always Protaras, but we always go to Ayia Napa on a couple of evenings. "The Square" is where all the younger ones seem to go. We were quite suprised to see so many families in Ayia Napa, which shows it is now also a family friendly resort. You will be fine! :wink: Dont forget they have a great Waterpark and Funfair aswell. :)
I'm pushing 40 and have been visiting Napa for the last 16 years....my 30th trip there is due in September.

Napa is very much whatever you want to make it......it's a large resort and you can find good bars/restaurant without the "Ibiza" element. As said in a previous post the "Square" is where the action is but it doesn't get going until at least 11.30........up until then it's a great people watching spot :wink:

Go enjoy, experience it, you won't be disappointed :D
Ayia Napa is a fantastic place I have been going there since I was 7 and my parents have a place over there in Ayia Napa and they are both 70
As in the previous threads there is something for everybody - the square is where the clubs etc. are but there is so much more to napa than that - go and you will really enjoy yourselves
Tell 'em to grow up and go for it!

I didn't stop clubbing in Napa until I was 45 (and re-married :( )

By Sept 11th it will probably be too quiet, even for the wrinkly ones :roll:
We always go in September and it's not as mad as July/Aug but it's still busy.You'll be surprised at the age mix there,as said there is something for everyone.
just back from week in ayia napa hit the square area every night with daughter oten till 4am fantastic and im 50.do it
:lol: having a ball & chain should'nt stop you cabbie you can go clubbing till your as old as the hills if you've got the stamina! :wink:
I am in protaras middle 2 weeks in sept and intend to vist napa a few times myself :roll:
Thanks Paul, but I'm not much of a "window shopper"... I see, I want, I have to have....

Probably best I bow out of the club scene gracefully, I remember talking to a stunner in Pzazz, she shot me down in flames by telling me I was exactly the same age as her mum :roll: ... another told me I was two years older than her Dad (but at least she had the decency to tell me that in the morning :wink: )
:lol: cabbie if she said that to me I would ask her what was her mums name? :rofl
What are you 2 like lol lol :lol:
elizabeth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.