Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Returned last week from my annual fortnight in Pafos (15 years in a row). The upper town has changed little over the years, and the tourist area - harbour, mosaics etc, are easier to access. It is quieter than previous years, but the locals are as friendly as always. Pafos and the west has always been regarded as the more peaceful / family orientated part of the island with Ayia Napa / Protaras for the more outgoing. I don't intend starting a 'my side is better than yours' but found Larnaca to be neither fish nor fowl. Give me Pafos - its harbour, fisherman and mosaics, and the market - sense of time stood still parts of the old town, anyday.
Hi everyone,
From first going in 1993 Paphos has changed, but the Cypriots(my brother in law being one) DO still like the Brits. They are very obliging, friendly, helpful and honest. :) :wink: :P :D
Things do change wherever you go but progress will not be halted and the hotels are going to be put up, no we don't think it's all good :cry: but you have to live with it, as long as you enjoy being there, have a good time
Just don't build up the Akamas!!
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.