Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We went in early August this year, for two weeks, and went to little Banana every day. The taverna is still there, but as in previous years there are no toilet facilities.

Big Banana, has at least one taverna, possibly two, but we have never stayed there long enough to find out what they are like. I think there maybe some toilets, but at the height of the season, there are literally thousands on Big Banana so I dare not think as to what condition they are in.

Hope this helps.
Thank you from Champlain Girl, helpful.
we went to Skiathos this year and went to big banana and there were two tavernas only one worth going to and no toilets except two behind the little taverna and I nearly died when I went in! Not for the faint hearted - I left quickly before my legs gave out!! :yikes
We won't be going to that beach again i'm afraid, though we love Skiathos and Koukanaries beach at the bottom have fab toilets, really clean!
cheers
Jan
Hi janbabe
Thanks for your message, I would have doubts going to the Tavernas never mind the toilets, oh dear!

I have not been since June 2004 when they started to dismantle one of the Tavernas, the other had just closed at that time.

The beach you refer to is Koukounaries? with grand facilities in comparison.

I appreciate all the replies.

Sincerely
Don't let the lack of facilities put you off going to Banana beaches.
If you want peace and quiet and an all over tan, little Banana is the place to go.

I think the number of people that return to this beach year after year is testament to how good it really is.

We told two of our friends about it and they went for the first time in September. The first thing they did when they got back was to get the brochures out and book again for next year.
Thank you for your message Dronny Dave

We have already booked for June 2007, just wanted to know what changes there were since June 2005.

Thanks
Banana is a lovely beach but the toilet facilities are abysmal - Its the only thing that lets it down.

It remains my favourite beach, the mass of people who use the two beaches are left with just one gents and one ladies behind the old panayotis taverna.

This year the olive grove was opened to vehicles, and it became a large dust bowl.

The facilities on Koukounaries this year were excellent, and there is no reason why Banana can not be the same.
Thank you for your reply.

It is a real shame to spoil the Olive Groves permitting car access.

It is my favourite beach too, that is why we have been going in all these years in June and in September, but unable to go this year, but have booked for next year about three months ago.

Sincerely
[/b]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.