Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Bangalore
7 Posts
Hi, I stay in Bangalore and there is not really much to see of any historical significance , i.e, forts, temples etc, if thats what you're interested in.

Bangalore is a rather "newer" comopolitan city that has great places to shop, a whole lot of good and diverse restaurants and some decent nightlife, if you are into the clubbing scene.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Bagaddict,

At least I won't be expecting much of historical significance now.

Are there small shops, malls, stalls? What do you think are the best buys?

Thanks.

Paulina.
Hi Paulina,

Bangalore has a mix of bigger western type malls and smaller shops. Most of the shops are located on M.G Road / Brigade Road / Commercial street. You could walk along these roads (all three roads are in close proximity) and check out the stuff the shops have to offer.
The shops sell Western and Ethnic clothing and shoes, leather goods, handicrafts, electronic goods, jewellery, quite a bit actually..some stores are fixed price, others you can bargain.

The bigger malls are also worth a visit, in my opinion, the best are The Forum, Bangalore Central and Garuda.

Two great places for indian stuff (clothing, accesories, home furnishing) are The Bombay Store on M.G Road and FabIndia which is a little away in Koramangala.

Send me a pm when you reach and if you require any assistance.

Cheers
Hi Bagaddict,

Thank you so much for your post. I've got a much better idea of what to expect now.

Thanks again.

Paulina.
why not do a day - trip to Mysore - its well worth the long day and if you go with the tourist center its also very cheap :P
Thanks for the suggestion about the day trip.

If I get enough spare time I'll do it.

Thanks.

Paulina.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.