Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
If anyone would like to post a review please do so HERE :tup

Pippy :)
Might be worth looking at the 4 star Almond Casuarina Beach on the south coast, which has now been open for a few months after an extensive and lengthy (see other threads) refurbishment/remodelling.

They are probably offering good deals as it gets established and I notice it's getting very good reviews.

Accra Beach gets mixed reviews on "the other review site".
Thanks I will have a look at that one.Alison :)
I had a look but sadly it's too expensive!! Does anyone know about "Escape at the Gap"? Looks reasonable and is AI.
Escape at the Gap had recently a refurbishment and although we haven't stayed there ourselves we did spend some time at the hotel visiting friends who stayed there at the time.

It is situated on a lovely stretch of beach and serves good food and drinks.

It is only a 3* (4* at best) so if you don't expect luxuries you'll be fine.

Mark :)
:D Thanks for the information Mark. Sorry to be complicated, but do you know anything about Tobago? If so the Coco reef looks nice? As you can see we haven't really decoded except tha we still have to go in school holidays and want to go to a Caribbean island that is south and possibly not in the Hurricane belt! thanks again. :sun2
Can't help you on Tobago I'm afraid as I've never been there.

WE have stayed in the Escape At the Gap twice,and as Mark says if you dont go expecting the Ritz its a nice little hotel,we are missing in 09 but credit crunch permitting will be back in 2010,if you would like more info please pm me.
Hi Alison. I'm working in Trinidad right now, and recently went over to Tobago for a couple of days. Coco Reef is an excellent hotel with a really nice and safe section of beach. It's less than 5 minutes from Crown Point airport, and within easy walking distance of the island's two most popular beaches - Pigeon Point and Store Bay.

However, I would think you would be hard pressed to find enough to do in Tobago to merit going there for two weeks. It's a very small island and you can drive right round it in about three hours. Going over to Trinidad to see the sights isn't really much of an option either, as Trinidad is a far more industrial island, and not really touristy at all.

I would stick with any of the more commonly visited islands.
We have just returned from the "Escape at the Gap" hotel and it has proven to be excellent value for money. The holiday was booked through Virgin Holidays - sole provider to this hotel.

Rooms are comfortable but basic.

The property is all inclusive and all the meals without exception where of high quality though choice was not as great as other Caribbean all inclusive hotels we have stayed. But having said that, there was always something on the menu for meat, fish and vegetarian lovers. Meals are buffet during breakfast and lunch and either a-la-carte or buffet during the evening. Reservations are required for the evening meal, but we never experienced any problems getting a time to suit us.

Drinks are freely flowing between 10AM and 0130AM with a waitress taking orders on the beach on a regular service. Just the house white and red wine, all other wines could be purchased by the bottle. All other drinks are included, included brandy.

Staff are an assett to the hotel. Always time for a friendly chat and very efficient in serving or sorting out problems (our shower didn't work when we arrived, and it was fixed within 15 minutes).

The beach is just steps away - very clean and just looks like the brochure pictures do.

We would definately return back to the "Escape at the Gap" property and would recommend it.

Hi Mark,I have to second your opinion of the Escape we have been twice and are looking at 2011,not the Ritz but clean and comfortable and the Gap if you want to eat out for a change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.