Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
there are some but not sure right now i'll check them when i pass over there.
Stayed at the hotel last year and we called into a bar/apartment just up from the hotel, (same side) I think it was called the Esmeraldas, most nights there was some sort of entertainment ie. Elvis, 60s night, always busy.

There are others near the hotel but can't comment as we only went into this one.
The area around was a bit quiet bar wise so we used the bus into Salou or the other way into Cambrils, they run up until 11pm or there abouts and are very easy to use.

Hope this helps. :hols
Ok today I went close (well passed in front) and I checked... I could not find fawlty towers with the instructions given on this forum... I noticed u're 250 metre far from "La fabrica de la cerveza" if you translate it to english is like beer factory. So you can imagine what do they sell there. It's open full year and many people go there (at least locals) everybody knows it... On the other side of the road you also have some bars and kinda pubs but never been there so I can't tell you about them.

Good luck
Hi there,

We stayed there last week, and there are 4 or 5 decent pubs very close

The Mucky Duck,
The Rugby Tavern,
The Portobello,
Metropolis,

and one or two others I can't remember.

The Mucky Duck and Metropolis are part of the one complex (El Pins Plaja) owned by the one person, and offer great food and entertainment nightly.

Entertainment at the Best cambrils can best be described as 'bearable' with the end of the night devoted to 'ballroom dancing' so if your of a certain age and disposition thats fine ! No kiddies disco which was a pity as they have the facilities.
Hi

Thankyou all for the information i dare say we will be visiting them all at some point during our stay (less that 2 weeks to go)

tomgilboy what did you think of the hotel? (sorry off topic) :whoops

Fletch

:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.