Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went to barut last year and even in winter they had 4 all a carte opened subject to weather conditions for 2 of them. I thought you had booked the lara resort from previous posting??
The hotel still offers the all-inclusive 24 hours in the current turkey 2007 - 2008 brochure. I am not sure about water sports cos at easter they will not be available cos of the weather.
You will have to pay for all your drinks at the lykia world cos it is only a full board plus. You only get drinks with meals and with two kids it will mount up paying for drinks etc. Not sure when you go but if in summer it will cost alot.If you have a fridge in room I suppose you can get some in the room. look on here the drinks are quite expensive at the lykia.
I prefer to budget and get all included, my son can drink plenty and at least at the barut the fridge if full of drinks. Any how we will still go cos it is truly a superb hotel
regards
Hi, They have changd the Ala Cate to 2 and now the water sports are payable, what the brouchre says and what the hotel wed information are two differant things, also Lara, Side and Belek are very Russion, German and Dutch and not many English, it was not just the change in the hotel AI, its also Lykia World is more English now than a couple of years ago and has just been refubished. :wave
hi,
It would not do for us all to want the same, I do not like places that are full of us brits, you do not get the same drunken behavior from the other nationalities. When we go at easter it is mainly german guests but not Russians, they go abit later we were told when we stayed in Belek a couple of years ago. We go in August sometimes and have been to several resorts which had Russians there and it was not a real problem. It is not like they want to be your friend! Yes you get the push and shove culture, but I can put up with that. You will find some of the hotels are owned by russian companies
The hotels in lara are a class above most all in-clusives and offer so much more. We are just having a problem at the moment with the hotel this Easter but it is the tour operator that is at fault. The hotel is beautiful and new and real luxury.
The lykia is very popular and I am sure you will have a great time, it just would be too big for our taste.
Hope you enjoy it
regards
Hi Violet,If we could go in a group we would have probably not changed, but my children like lots of activities and Lykia has its own water park and many other things to do, inline skating ,sailng. canoes, you only have to pay for drinks outside restarant hrs, i kniw the Barut Lara Beach is a really nice hotel, but we like their to be more English, and its no good if mt two teenage children are not happy, we also like big places so their is plenty for my children to do, good luck with your holiday. :wave
I agree with you Violet, we were at the Delphin for xmas as you know, and the majority were germans with russians on the second week and isralies and romanians few english, and the ones that were there did the usual... too much to drink and were show ups. I prefer to holiday without the british influence simply because i cant stand drunks and yobbish behaviour. We are now looking at Side for next xmas but everything i look at doesnt have the dates we want. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.