Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Can I ask, why did you book this hotel ?
If the reviews are so bad.
Really good deals in the travel agents and when we got back home and had a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor... They weren't nice!

We are going for 2 weeks at the end of August and it cost 359 pp. Not bad but still wondered if any chap had been there to give us some info.

BombEars
Most of the reviews concern the hotel food.There are plenty of tavernas / bars in Kremisti so that need not be a problem.
Aircraft noise could be a problem, as the resort is on the flight path for the airport just 15 mins. away.
My advice. Hire a car, if only for a few days.
Have you been before ?
Rhodes is beautiful with great scenery,beaches & historical sites.
Driving here is easy. My wife does it all the time, so it cant be that bad.
Thanks alot! The reviews do make your holiday excitement down doesn't it! I'm 19 so there might be restrictions on how old you can be to rent a car? How much is the rent for two weeks do you think? I have a license so thats not a problem.

No haven't been to Rhodes before so we are VERY excited :D Is there many watersport activities to do there? Pedaloes, jet ski etc.?

Many Thanks

BombEars
Car hire should be around 300 € for 2 weeks.
The bus service from Kremisti is quite good.However to journey down the east coast to say Faliraki [ do try to get there for bar street / club street ] or Lindos you have to first go to Rhodes Town & change buses.
Yes there will be water sports .
There is a good club scene in Rhodes Town. Be careful tho can be expensive
:cheers :sun2
I'm not going there for the club scene. I am going with my Girlfriend so we tried to get some place outside of Faliraki so we could get the sun and beaches with a bit of activities and use thr local bars and Rhodes town for drinking.

Is Rhodes considered one of the seven wonders of the world? If so I just wondered why? Just rumours say it is.

Many Thanks for your advice tpebop! :cheers :tup

BombEars
It is the Colossus of Rhodes which is considered one of the wonders of the ancient world.
read about it here- http://www.colossusofrhodes.com
The Old Town of Rhodes is a UNESCO protected site.
read about rhodes here- http://www.greecetravel.com/rhodes
Thanks for the links! Very good help. So you live on Rhodes then?
Also sorry to bother you further... But do they do Quadbike/ATV Hire in the town of Kremasti? If so how much is this for rent approx? And if not, where is the nearest place for hire?

BombEars :bow
To answer your questions in order.Yes we live in the village of Kalithies, 3km from Faliraki.
Yes you will be able to hire in Kremisti.
I know Bayside BombEars though I've not been there for years (I lived in Kremasti for a while and used to go to use their pool). It was a lovely place then but I am talking 10 years ago so can't really say what it's like now.

It's in quite a quiet spot, you still get aircraft noise but not as bad as the centre of Kremasti so shouldn't disturb your sleep. The beach is a short stroll away where there was a windsurfing base just by the Blue Bay hotel, for jet skis you need to get a bus or taxi to Ixia. The beach is mainly pebbles and not really organised with any cafes/bars unless you walk nearer to the village where you'll find Scruffy Murphy's. There are a handful of bars and restaurants nearby but if you want more choice (and better atmosphere) I'd head up into Kremasti village. The village is 15 minutes or so walk though better with a torch as some of the roads aren't lit.

Hope that helps a little :cheers
As you have lived there previously... How much money do you think you need to take for 2 weeks? And what examples of prices are things over there? Beers, Meal, Snack, Cigarettes etc.

Thanks for the help.. Can't wait to go now!! :cheers
Obviously funds are quite different on holiday to when you live on the island - you wouldn't have much of a holiday on what I could afford to spend back then! I tend to holiday in Lindos now (which is more expensive than Kremasti) and will normally spend £1000ish over 2 weeks.

Might sound a fair bit but that covers breakfast or lunch, sunbed, a good 2 course dinner with wine, a long night out with several drinks and food after. I normally have a car for 2 or 3 days which also comes out of that.

Cigarettes I haven't got a clue on but a large beer is anything from 2-4.50 euros, a 2 course meal with wine around 15-25 a head and snacks anything from 1.50-2 euros for a gyros, crepe, sandwich, etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.