Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Begur??
5 Posts
i don't know a great deal about this area, but i have sent you a PM
Begur sounds perfect for you. It is an inland town about 2-3 miles from several excellent beaches. The town is very stylish with excellent restaurants and not a football shirt in sight. Be warned that it is booked up very early in July and August because this where the good people of Barcelona have their second homes. Hotels are expensive because there are not many of them and they are generally of a very good quality - not a high rise to be seen - and similarly there is a limited numbers of homes to rent at that time of the year. But I can thoroughly recommend the area if you want somewhere that is the anithesis of how people generally regard the Costa Brava.
Well we have booked and we are off to begur...in 2 and a bit weeks......how easy is the drive from girona airport to begur as we have hired a car??..thanks
Gilly j
Hi Gilly ....Re Gerona to Begur , We've been doing this route for the last three years and its simple.
Head out of the airport to La Bisbal and Palamos directions on the C66.....then at La Bisbal continue through on C66 to Palafrugell when you get to Torent turn off head for Regencos/Pals. At Regencos take a right to Begur ! ...Should take apx . 50 mins to 1 hour

You will not go wrong in this area as you will find some amazing beaches there ......

Check out Aigublava , Llafranc , Tamariu , Calella , Sa Tuna beaches , some of the best you will ever find and head up slightly north to L'Estartit ( Beach and Marina loads of cafes , tapas bars etc..) we have been staying there as a base and travelling along the Begur region daily heading for all these resorts..

Drive inland to Banyoles lake and follow road on to Besalu (walled Village)....fantastic

Nearer to Begur try Pals village and neighbouring walled village of Paratallada (secret gardens and tapas, cafes, restaurants etc..) so peaceful and picturesque !

Enjoy ......you will return that is for sure !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.