Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Beldibi resort
19 Posts
ive never been myself but some friends stayed there a few years ago and said it was full of russians and not many english and the entertainment and food in the hotel wasnt catering much for brits so they moved resort, not sure if that still applies or whether that would put you off or not as everyone is different
Are there 2 Beldibi's then?
The one I know is near Kemer about 1 hour from Antalya.
It is full of Russians and we didn't enjoy that side of Turkey much at all.

Which hotel is it?

Denny
the hotel is called the Turkiz Beldibi Resort and Spa.its a 4*+ and all inclusive. i cant find any reviews on it, although the thomson website says its popular with trip advisor reviewers but there's no sign of it on that forum!
Used to be the Rixos Beldibi, try looking for reviews for there instead, looks nice enough BUT Beldibi and the surrounding area was not for us. 1 Hour transfer from Antalya airport but nowhere near Alanya.

Denny
thanks for that denny - i'll try that name. never been to turkey before,another hotel i found was the club magic life in kemer. do you know if kemer is a better resort than beldibi?
thanks
bushbaby
hi denny
i found the hotel under that name but the last review was for 2008.also there were only 2 reviews in english,although from istanbul and tel aviv,and the rest were in german. so none the wiser! having said that, it was rated 1st out of 7 bb in beldibi,although it is being marketed now as all inclusive. the photos on thomsons website are very impressive but i dont know when it changed to the present name. will have to keep on looking.
thanks for the help
bushbaby
Didn't like Kemer either!
We have been to several resorts in Turkey - Kusadasi, Gumbet, Fethiye, Bodrum peninsular, Lara beach, Side and Belek to name a few and each one of them was really really nice. Loved evey moment of each holiday, but there was just something about Kemer and the surrounding area that we didn't like.
There are very very few British people there and very few Turkish either - it seemed to dominated by very rude and arrogant Russians. Nothing was priced in Turkish Lira or Sterling everything was priced in US Dollars (which is the money used by the Russians in Turkey :que )
I would have a read of a few of 'where to go in Turkey' threads - there are loads of them on here and choose somewhere else to go in Turkey. Wouldn't like you to be put off Turkey by choosing the wrong resort.

Denny
Several years ago we stayed at the Club Belkoy, Beldibi. The hotel was good, but the beach in that area is rubbish. Most of the restaurants prices were in dollars, so that give you a good idea as to who holidays there.
I wouldn't go back to that part of Turkey. There are lots more lovely Turkish resorts to visit.
The Turkiz Beldibi Resort and Spa Hotel is a fairly new hotel, very near to Beldibi town and right on the beach, it has about 300 rooms, and can be booked through Thomsons and Hotels4U........Holiday Check site have some good info on the hotel.Looks stunning

I have stayed in Beldibi, Kemer and Tekirova over the years........Loved Tekirova, and Kemer is very cosmopolitan, lovely marina area and some excellent bars and restaurants.

Beldibi is a very small place, nothing much happening there, but easy access to other places, and some of the hotels are first class.

It is an area that has been frequented over the years mainly by The Turkish, Russian and French holiday makers, but there are more and more Brits holidaying there. Not far from the Airport and Antalya, and the views are stunning. Pine trees and glorious mountain views.

Not the best place to holiday, and far more exciting places to stay, but, for excellent hotels, and total chill out time. Then this area may just be what you want.

The Rixos Sungate and the Paloma Renaissance are 2 other excellent hotels to look at, also the Paloma Beldibi Beach Hotel. Also known as the Sentido Beldibi.
thanks triflebum. we want to go for a week and my husband hates long transfers so i thought this would be a good choice. we want a chill out week so if its quiet that wont matter. we are also looking at the club magic life imperial which has excellant reviews. after reading the prices topic, a/i will suit us.
Well it will certainly be quiet - to the point of boredum! It itsn't a short transfer from the airport, it's a least an hour. I seriously would look at Lara Beach or Belek instead. Short transfers, FAR superior hotels and beach.

Denny
hi denny - thats interesting because the thomson brochure says that the transfer is 20-30 mins. do you think this is a mistake?
It is definitely at least an hours transfer.

Denny
I have just had a look on the Thomson website re the Beldibi resort. It does say that Antalya city centre is 45 mins away and the airport is at least 15 mins from the city centre, so at least an hour transfer. There is another Beldibi around 30mins away from Alanya, but the Beldibi Resort is near Kemer. I don't think Thomson know much about the location, because it also refers to Beldibi Resort (Dalaman) and it is nowhere near Dalaman.

Denny
thanks denny - they ought to employ you to correct their brochure information!
Hi Bushbaby
We went to Beldibi for a week last October and loved it! We stayed at the Paloma Renaissance hotel and it was superb! If your looking for a chilled out week in tranquil surroundings then it may be for you!
We will certainly go back to this area and hotel.
I am also fond of the Lara beach area because of the superb hotels and have been several times. Beldibi has nicer scenery and we enjoyed the views! Beach is better in Lara but water is clearer with plenty of fish in the water in Beldibi! Transfer down there 50/60 minutes to our hotel but some lovely views along the way!
Belek is another area with some lovely 5 star AI hotels and shorter transfer !
You can ask questions on the forums but will get varied responses, so do lots of research. Some great reviews on TA.
denny there are 2 beldibi's the other is just outside of marmaris, where my mother lives
Apparently there are 8 towns called Beldibi in Turkey :really

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.