Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I've been to Torremolinos quite a few times, and I love it (i'm 25). I think it's somewhere that everybody would enjoy, there are some nice restaurants & a good mix of both lively and quiter bars. The beach is also gorgeous & there are some nice bars down there as well.
Personally i'm not too keen on Fuengirola but i've only been into the town centre which was too busy for me, I found it a bit like being in a town here. I don't think the beach is as nice as Torre either but there might be more to the resort than i've seen.
I've never actually stayed in Benalmadena but i've walked to the marina from Torre and it's really nice, with some great restaurants. I don't know what the rest of the night life is like, but one thing to bear in mind is that it's in the middle of the others if you can't decide! Bus and train links are very good & I doubt taxis would cost you much either.
Thanks Pepsicat, you reply was very useful. Am really looking froward to our holiday now, hope I will make the right chioce. I agree that Benalmadena is a good location as between Fuengirola and Torremolinos. Am stuck between Benalmandena and Torremalinos now but I think I'm moving towards Benalmadena due to location and marina and you mentioned the transport is easy if we do find Torre is the better for us.

Thanks
Pete
Benalmadena would be my choice!
It has the marina which is amazing!, plenty of nice places to eat/ drink and people watch!
It also has the 24hr square which is where you can party till all hours!
It has plenty of other bars where you can just chill and unwind, plenty of stuff to do on the prom!
Also it is smack in the middle of the other two and I'm sure a taxi between resorts would be no more than a couple of euros each!

Plus the buses are frequent and only 1.05 euro!
Torremolinos beach can be a steep walk down....or up!......the railway station is in a very good location..almost in the centre of all activities...........Benalmadena's railway station is quite a long way from the beach.......in fact it is Arroyo De La Miel station,right at the back of town and is a fairly steep walk up from the beach...........Fuengirola is mainly on the flat and the station is only 200 metres from the beach.....you pays your euros and takes your choice....all three locations have something for everyone.............Torremolinos is well known for men walking out with 5 rolls of wallpaper under one arm.......without the wallpaper...if you get my drift sweety...................
lol, Never heard that one before, surprising as I'm a painter and decorator!
:D
dishdoctor,

5 rolls of wallpaper .... brilliant :lol: :lol: Heading out there 1 June for a few days. 30 of us from the football club .. I'll tell everyone to be on the look out for these decorators !!!

Wilson :wink:
Thanks everyone for your useful information and advice. I think I will go for Benalmandena as in the middle of the 3 so as mentioned can easily go to the other areas if required. It also seems Benalmandena has all the things that I was looking for, just need to find a suitable apartment/hotel now.

Thanks

Pete
The Bali hotel is quite good priced! HB or self catering althoug for us it was cheaper to go HB as they put a lot of under occupancy on for SC!
Have only ever stayed in the los boliches area of fuengirola, and really enjoyed. So much so that me and my fiancee' are going back for another week on the 3rd of april. The beach in that area is great and all the small british pubs are very friendly.

Thinking of giving either benelmadena of torry a try for our main holiday later in the summer.
We stayed at the Benalmadena Palace, which is about a 25 minute walk to the Marina area. Nice accommodation, 4*,self catering or half board, very very friendly staff. Up quite a steep hill, but burns off all the calories we put on during our hols!
I would definitely go for Benalmadena, lots to do, a variety of bars, lively or quieter, whatever your mood. Some beautiful restuarants along the promenade and around the marina. You can walk into Torremolinos along the prom, lovely! You've made the right choice IMO, and you are between the two resorts with an excellent bus/rail service to transport you whichever way you decide to venture! Have a great time! :D :fly
How long would it take to walk from San Fermin hotel to the Marina?
About 15 minutes at a strolling pace.........it's all downhill.........
1 minute uphill from the San Fermin hotel are the Bonanza Bar and the Elephante.........2 big live music and comedy bars.....worth a look..
thanks for that information. I have never been to Spain before...other than Barcelona so i am really excited
they are all within a short drive of each other on the bus for 1 euro 10-1euro 15,but be care on the buses as 4 times we were short changed a euro in one week ,so have the change on hand,it all mounts up
You may want to try looking at the Benal Beach complex in Benalmadena. There are plenty of apartments/studios for rent and they have an amazing pool complex It is very near to the beach and about 10 minutes stroll to the marina. There are buses almost outside that will take you to Torremolinos or Fuengirola. It's also near 24 hour square.
Check out the resorts reviews for this area HERE and all the hotel reviews can be found HERE

Kath HT Admin
Have only ever stayed in the los boliches area of fuengirola, and really enjoyed. So much so that me and my fiancee' are going back for another week on the 3rd of april. The beach in that area is great and all the small british pubs are very friendly.

I agree about los boliches. The beach is lovely down that end. There is something for everyone in Fuengirola. I really like it for shopping too, although i tend to stay in Calahonda and catch the bus up, which is only a short ride. Great place though.
I would stay near the carahuela area of Torremolinos and you can quite easily walk into Benalmadena marina.

I like the idea of having a bit of town centre to walk into-whereas right by Benalmadena beach you almost have a motorway-well it feels like it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.