Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Benidorm
13 Posts
Hi Gray ... while you wait for replies here in this forum, it may be worth reviving the following topic in our Costa Blanca forum just in case anyone is still subscribed to it:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25222

David :wave
WELL

No -one been ???

Route planned and how being off sick and un-able to work I have been able to plot it road junction by road junction

Got stop-overs planned and looking at two sites in Benidorm about 200m apart

El Raco

and

La Toretta

Now anyone been to either of them ???????????????
I havent actually stayed on El Raco but our friends went for years and stayed from November until March.
We used to visit them when they were there and it was a lovely site.
It was just up the road from the Benidorm Palace and within walking distance to the town.
thanks to this and other sites we have booked and (SHOCK HORROR) paid a deposit, we have done this for a change due to the high occupancy on the site,

We found out due to local people letting us know of the total lack of security on La Toretta which with a road running through the middle of the site is no surprise, and we weren't keen on the Circus being next door at the Palace either

Not long until September

BTW response via Haven free WiFi which although fast won't let you upload photographs anywhere
So despite the campsite being 95% full for most of the year there are very few of us on here been

hmmm
Have to rectify the sites knowledge about the place
Well Guys

Been and went and come back

DO NOT GOT TO La Torretta even the locals say it's risky security wise

El Raco is a nice site and worth a visit but for 2013 we are going across the road to Camping Arena Blanca

Main thing about Benidorm It's cheap to eat

Full English Breakfast 1€ -3€
lunch 3 course all you can eat carvery 9€95c
Dinner varies for 4€95c for 2 course plus drinks to 15€40 for all you can eat
Many thanks for the update Gray. :tup

I'm going with a couple of friends to Benidorm (last minute invite ;) ) We are staying in the Kennedy Apartments where my friends have stayed before. I'm only going for 5 days as didn't want to intrude on the couples holiday too much.
:wave
Well Benidorm is a place where you can go and not cook a single meal on self catering (like us in the caravan)

we ended up spending rough 20€ a day each on food and drink (EVEN good alcohol free beer for me) for 2 of us and we ate very well

We are going back in September/October for 3.5 weeks can't wait
The friends I'm going with, the wife has mobility problems so uses a scooter over there. They go quite often (about 3/4 times a year) as it's so accessible for her. The husband likes to cook on holiday as they both love the markets and spices etc so maybe we'll have a few meals in too. :tup I'm too lazy to cook on holiday, plus I love to eat out, so I'll be happy either way as I certainly won't be cooking :rofl
Is there air conditioning in the caravan as it must get really hot?
LOL air con - Yes we open the windows never used AC and we go to the Med every year

Can recommend the Madarin Wok for a decent AYCE cooked while you watch less than 10€ a head
OMG you're brave. I stayed in caravan once in Spain in the summer months and would shoot out of bed in the morning to get some air, it was like being in a pressure cooker :rofl

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation :tup
To be honest, I have never tried camping, but my friends often relax this way. And it seems to me that this is uncomfortable. I am used to comfort, so that I have everything at hand, food, electricity, gas, heat, water, you know. I'm not sure I can do it without all this. And the internet. I need the internet. Without internet access, I will not be able to use this fastessay.net/write-my-essay.html service. So camping is probably not fun for me. I won't even try.
  • Edited by irtooks 2020-09-21 11:16:53
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.