Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I have been to Benidorm during october, December and May! The only time we did not go in the sea was December, however there people in the sea during December.

I found the temperatures were in the high 70's low 80's during the time we were there in October. :)

Hope this helps
although I can't be certain but I doubt you'll want to spend too much time in the sea at the end of October. Although we've only been to Benidorm once (last year) and that was in April, we tried getting into the sea but it was freezing, we also only had a couple of days when it was hot enough to sunbathe for a couple of hours. I would imagine that end of Oct would have similar weather, if not cooler than we had in April.

I'm sure somebody else will provide you with more info as I'm no expert on Benidorm.

As for the price - it depends on what you think is a reasonable price. Holiday prices seem to be pretty high to book at the moment. We went during Easter school hols last year and only paid £250 pp self catering- Now that's what we called a real bargain
I would expect the weather would be pot luck at the end of October. October can actually be one of the more unsettled months on the Spanish Costa's but you can also have beautiful sunshine and high temperatures.

I have actually been to Benidorm in October and although the weather was unsettled, it was still warm and there were people in the sea. The sea is October still retains some heat from the long hot summer so Autumn sea temperatures are higher than in Spring.

Be prepared for all weathers but chances are you'll see some decent weather even if its not wall to wall sunshine.

Mark :cheers
Seems very expensive to me but i am a bargin hunter. are you going diy or package. Been to Benidorm Oct and weather was good during the day but can get a little chilly on a night but still summer gear can be worn :)
we've been last 2 oct/nov!
we didn't go in the sea but people were.
we did go in the pool both times.
last year was really warm and dry
year before was warm but it rained 2 days.
year before we stayed in levante lux appts
last year levante club appts.

That price seems slightly expensive to me!
but, then again they all do this year :(

anything at all i can tell you about let me know.
both appts are fine! plenty of cheap/good bars nearby
EG yorkshire pride2, drop inn. Entertainment at the 3 vincent's bars
triangle, plaza, white horse. very close.

only about 15min walk to the square, less to the beach!

It's the area I'd go back to given the choice, Enjoy!
Rennie, any look on the dates in October that we're booked up for?
Although you may see holidaymakers in the sea in late October, they are probably visiting from north of the Arctic Circle and any temperature with a plus sign in front of it is regarded by them as summer.

People who get into the sea in late October are locally referred to as ‘lunáticos'.
Thanks folks,

I've booked with Travel Republic, going to the Levante Club apartments, they're a lot cheaper than Thomsons, :rofl and I'm looking forward to having a great time! :cheers
To one welshholidaylover from another ;) Have a great time. Glad you've sorted yourself a deal you're happy with.

This is the view of the pool from the reception/bar area
welshholidaylover
I'm glad you took our advice and booked with TR :tup and didn't pay over the odds with Thomsons!!...Caz
I've pm'd you scarrbro!

that pic reminds me of last year's holiday!

wish i was there now!
Great pic Shirley, is it you?

Yep taken last Easter. The weather could have been better for us but we enjoyed the break.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.